Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHY did the Japense goverment just run a telivision add on Fox news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japan isn't exactly supposed to send troops outside of its own borders, under the post-WW2 constitution. China and SK (IIRC) have been complaining about Japan's involvement in peacekeeping missions.

Betcha this ad has something to do with that.

Why would Chinese and South Korean complaints make Japan run ads in the US? The United States doesn't have the irrational fear of Japanese peacekeepers that China and South Korea does...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
      Conservatives watch news and like the thoughtful discussion to be found on talk radio, that's why they do well, because we participate. Best I can figure is liberals aren't interested in news or discussion, so their stations fail. The liberals jump through all sorts of hoops to avoid admitting this basic fact to themselves.

The basic fact they can't miss however, is the numbers for CNN and FOX.
      Oh barf. Conservative talk radio is about as in-depth as Asher's ass. Unless you consider spreading rumors that Hillary is a lesbian is in-depth.

If you want in-depth news, try the NYTimes (liberal), BBC (liberal), or NPR (liberal). Liberal news sources are usually far more dedicated to depth than conservative ones. Let me run issues of the NYTimes and Washington Times by you and show you the glaring difference in both national and international coverage.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
        Frogger: FOX now does better then CNN in the rating.
        BAM. Ming, of all people, debunked this. CNN consistently beats FOX in overall ratings, by a large margin. Only certain FOX programs beat out CNN, like that talentless O'Reilly bastard.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

BAM. Ming, of all people, debunked this. CNN consistently beats FOX in overall ratings, by a large margin. Only certain FOX programs beat out CNN, like that talentless O'Reilly bastard.
          No you are as wrong as Imran was when he said the same thing, but I doubt you'll be as stubborn in your "defense in the face of incontrevertable evidence" as he usually is. Fox is now #1, even though it isn't as available as CNN. Look up "Fox, CNN, ratings" on Google for confirmation. Ming noted the change in a thread last week somtime.
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

No you are as wrong as Imran was when he said the same thing, but I doubt you'll be as stubborn in your "defense in the face of incontrevertable evidence" as he usually is. Fox is now #1, even though it isn't as available as CNN. Look up "Fox, CNN, ratings" on Google for confirmation. Ming noted the change in a thread last week somtime.
            FOX beat out CNN in January, but that is neccessarily indicative of a permanent switch in the ratings berth. After all, FOX won 2 months out of 12 last year, but CNN still held the ratings top spot overall by a comfortable margin.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Yeah. FOX won the 4 months after 9/11...and then lost the next 10 months.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

FOX beat out CNN in January, but that is neccessarily indicative of a permanent switch in the ratings berth. After all, FOX won 2 months out of 12 last year, but CNN still held the ratings top spot overall by a comfortable margin.
                Alright, we'll wait to the end of the year and see. Things could really change if / when the war starts, as CNN got a pretty good rep from the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                  Liberal whining aside, FOXnews is a respected journalism source.
                  Respected by whom?
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

SAlthough I must admit that I wasn't aware that Fox had won another month recently...
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Why would Chinese and South Korean complaints make Japan run ads in the US? The United States doesn't have the irrational fear of Japanese peacekeepers that China and South Korea does...
                      Drake, it's not exactly irrational.

when another nation forcibly annexes yours and occupies it in one of the most brutal regimes ever imagined because of its militarization, it's kinda hard not to be somewhat afraid of it.

france was extremely wary of germany until its division and subsequent funky buttlovin' taught it differently.

===

also: if you go by text, as in, people who go to the websites to read the articles, cnn.com is on netcraft.com's top 50 list, whereas foxnews.com doesn't even show up.

i realize this probably also includes foreign readers, but i still believe that this is a rather significant marker: fox news' televised success might well hinge on its excellence at coming up with quotables and sound bites.
                      Last edited by Q Classic; March 3, 2003, 22:40.
                      B♭3

Comment

I like listening to conserwatiwe talk shows like Michael Sawage because its great fun to listen to the dirwel they spit out. (the key is broke on the keyboard)

michael ick
                        icksburg
                        etenarian
                        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                          if one had sense, and an actual appreciation for news, one would read all sides of the issue: meaning both the "liberal" and the "conservative" media, and play them off against each other-- allowing one to read between the lines at what both of them refuse to report.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

FOX ... now weren't they that quality news program of paragon objectivity which gives public people nicknames like "Jihad Johnny" (John Walker Lindh)?

I'm studying Journalism at the University of Columbia Missouri, the world's first Journalism school (for whatever that's worth) and I can tell you that FOX's stock here is very, very low.
                            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Japan has been good to us since WWII. I don't know why they think they should have to make these commercials.

News sucks. All of it.
                              "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
                              "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
                              "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

The best stuff I see tends to be on Public Television. The News Hour has been the best single news broadcast since it came on the air IMO. For documentaries Frontline has been getting better and better. I also watch NBC and BBC just to get a feel for what other people are being fed. (Information content of either is low)

I don't have cable, and don't miss it.

Comment

Working...
                                X