Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone tell me what Nuremberg was for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last thing that I am worried about as a US citizen is the rest of the world. The fact that my country provides me with a lifestyle to afford this manner of blatant disregard is why I believe this country is so great.
    All I can say about this:
    time will prove you wrong
    . I know the position of unmatched and unparalleled strength of the US today. But only saying "Hey, I´m fine" and "how on earth I spell ´the rest of the world´ correct" may become a boomerang ...

Comment

Your right, the USA government makes then brakes too many rules - soon as another country annoys them slightly it is on the "Axis of Evil" and will be attacked.

PUT BUSH ON TRIAL !!!
      Unfairly Banned at Civfanatics twice...
      To protest the war I am using the UN Flag - Howard has said most Australians are for the war so clearly I am not an Aussie.

Comment

I think we all missed the point of jim panse's post. You see, he is arguing in poor English that Nuremburg should have never happened in the first place and that Hitler was no worse than Bush. He not try to criticize Bush, he try to say good about Hitler. It is comforting to know that his broken English has obfuscated his message.
        "The only dangerous amount of alcohol is none"-Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Hoek
          I think we all missed the point of jim panse's post. You see, he is arguing in poor English that Nuremburg should have never happened in the first place and that Hitler was no worse than Bush. He not try to criticize Bush, he try to say good about Hitler. It is comforting to know that his broken English has obfuscated his message.
          NO, he isn't saying that. He is saying Bush is ALSO commiting war crimes and should ALSO be tried. EXACTLY.
          To protest the war I am using the UN Flag - Howard has said most Australians are for the war so clearly I am not an Aussie.

Comment

That's bullhunky. This fellow is obviously not as ashamed of German past as he should be. Arguing that any war on Iraq is equivilant to the most brutish inhumanity the world has ever seen in Nazi Germany is to diminish those atrocities. Those who equate dropping the a-bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki with Jewish extermination by the Nazis or Chinese extermination by the Japanese are clearly sympathetic with genocide.

It is as ridiculous as justifying American slavery by asserting that slavery existed in Africa too.
            "The only dangerous amount of alcohol is none"-Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Hoek
              That's bullhunky. This fellow is obviously not as ashamed of German past as he should be. Arguing that any war on Iraq is equivilant to the most brutish inhumanity the world has ever seen in Nazi Germany is to diminish those atrocities. Those who equate dropping the a-bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki with Jewish extermination by the Nazis or Chinese extermination by the Japanese are clearly sympathetic with genocide.

It is as ridiculous as justifying American slavery by asserting that slavery existed in Africa too.
              I'M NOT SAYING IT'S AS BAD,
              IT'S JUST AS ILLEGAL THOUGH.

And while not as bad it is still bad.

Comment

I know my English is not the best but reconsider what you are writing here. I am not a revisionist. And as far as I can see the only one who wasn´t able to get the meaning of this thread is you.

I am ashamed of what Germans did but you are again an American who is simply not able to recognize that there is a space between your black-and-white world view. In in this area betwenn Good and Evil humans live.
                I am also ashamed of you thinking in this way of me. I do not wish to condamn you. I wish you the best for learning and understanding what to say.

Comment

Working...
                X