Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should a convicted killer get a liver transplant?- and other organ donation issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eneducated poor are productive members of society btw.

The contribute to society in many fashions.

Prisoners do not contribute at all. They take from society.

Comment

You haven't answered my questions. And prisoners do contribute to society. Many, for instance, work - for the state and otherwise. Prisoners also contribute to the internal society within prisons.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

internal society? Those are called gangs.

You could argue they provide jobs for wardens and guards. And they do consume food and such. But this is at the expense of taxpayer money.

And what questions did you have? I answered the part about the poor. No matter how poor you are you are contributing something to society.

But I disagree about prisoners contributing anything to society.

Comment

I agree with Kitty Cat's suggestion pretty much - organ donors get first dip, which makes for an interesting incentive for people to be donors.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

internal society? Those are called gangs.
            Not all of them form gangs. And gangs directly follow from state apathy towards prisoners.

You could argue they provide jobs for wardens and guards. And they do consume food and such. But this is at the expense of taxpayer money.
            Bull****. Many prisoners work too.

And what questions did you have?
            "Why the hell does it matter if they're "productive members of society?" What the hell is a "productive member of a society?""

No matter how poor you are you are contributing something to society.
            I didn't say that the poor don't contribute to society. I was asking what your definition of a "productive" person was.
            "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
            -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
              I agree with Kitty Cat's suggestion pretty much - organ donors get first dip, which makes for an interesting incentive for people to be donors.
              The first time they tell the story on TV of some guy who would have been fine...had he signed his donor card, you'd see people frantically calling in to get theirs done.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                But I disagree about prisoners contributing anything to society.
                Prisoners provide an invaluable source of cheap labor for the state. Blanketing them as not contributing is simply false.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

many states the prisoners do not labour at all.

some people consider that cruel and unusual punishment.

they just sit around doing nothing or working out to become stronger criminals.

Comment

Working...
                  X