Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So much for organ-theft being an Urban Legend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably only the front part of the ribcage was stolen. The cartilage connecting the ribs to the sternum is easy to cut through, giving you free access to the stuff inside.
    Attached Files
    The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

I was thinking it was something along those lines. Also, that if it was left behind, it would provide clues as to what specific tools were used to do it.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Actually, you don't really need special tools to open a chest and remove the organs. Scissors and scalpel covers most of it.
        The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Gimme a hacksaw, scissors, and a decently sharp knife and I could probably do the job to a reasonable degree. Identifying the tools is probably easy. Tracking them down in a city like philly? Hard. I mean, Albert Speer probably has a dozen knives that could do this job in his kitchen.
          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

They've identified the man but are withholding the info pending notification of his family. No word whether he was homeless or not.
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Given how fragile organs are after removal, it is more likely that the man was eviscerated as either:

1. Part of some bizarre religious rite.

2. Part of some bizarre psychosis.

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                You don't notice the mess cause the mess wasn't created there. Play Iron Chef with the gooey bits somewhere else in town and then dump the body a little ways off. I mean, face down with no obvious signs of Dr. Mengle's dastardly doings except when the corpse is flipped over points to it being sliced and diced elsewhere.
                That's possible, but they wouldn't have left a rope around the body's neck if that's the case, no?
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                    How could somebody not notice the mess was what I was trying to say.
                    Maybe the corpse was covered by a blanket or large coat or something. Turn it over, and Whoah nelly!
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

NY Post? is there an article on any other major non tabloid websites?
                      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

They just don't want you to see the Truth, Lawrence.

But NY Post is the real deal. It's a newspaper that is not afraid to bring the truth. There is a reason why it is considered one of the more respected newspapers in the US.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                          NY Post? is there an article on any other major non tabloid websites?
                          Here is one from the local Philly newspaper. Do note the lack of sensationalism.

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                            They just don't want you to see the Truth, Lawrence.

But NY Post is the real deal. It's a newspaper that is not afraid to bring the truth. There is a reason why it is considered one of the more respected newspapers in the US.
                            It is? That's news to me... hell, the USA Today is more respected over here than the NY Post.

Comment

The NY Post may be 'less respected', but try not to confuse it with the National Enquirer.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

or the SF examiner
                                "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Working...
                                X