Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prisoner having own television show?

What do you think about this?

I don't have a link, since I have only found some places about it, where it's in danish (If someone has a link, please post it...)

I haven't read much about this case, but what I've heard is:

Kurt Thorsen (a company owner) made some tax-fraut (or something like that), and was put in jail... that was about 6+ months ago, if I remember right...

Now he's still in jail, but he has a job in show bussiness: He has his own TV show (Called "Thorsen"), which means he gets out of jail, once a week (maybe more)

I could undestand it, if his show was about telling others, to stop doing what he did... but from what it looks like: He's not sorry about what he did, and the show is some comedy show (I haven't watched it myself, but saw a commercial for the show, where some of the best danish comedians where in...)

I can't see what punnishment there is, in having his own TV show
    What do you think of this?
    This space is empty... or is it?

Prison is for punishment of crimes.

It seems strange that I should have to point that out...but it's the world we live in.

When you are 4, and you break daddys favorite humidor, you get a spanking. The spanking is rehabilitating, and the only thing that stands between your new humidor and destruction.

You don't reward the kid with his own TV show.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Tell that to our court system...

Comment

Why can't he do the show inside his jail cell? I think that should be a requirement for all sit-coms, actually.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Non-violent criminals are often let out of jail during the day to go work. What's the problem if his job is now having a TV show?
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Actually, prison is for the reformation of prisoners and to seperate them from society (for our safety). There is also a common law practice that when a community might be harmed by the removal of a person to prison, that other means of sentence may be carried out.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

reformation is just a load of crap.

we put people in prison to keep them away from the rest of society. very few people are actually "reformed" in prison.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                Non-violent criminals are often let out of jail during the day to go work. What's the problem if his job is now having a TV show?
                He got his own TV show, because there was much talking about him (Because of what he did), before the trial, so he only got his own TV show, because he did something criminal

I think it's like saying: "Here's a reward, for the crime you just did"... This might encourage more people to do, what he did...

Comment

didn't they do the same thing with Robert Downey jr.? He made movies not a tv show though.

Comment

Never heard of him...

Comment

What they should do is have one of those laws like America does where if a criminal benefits from his crime somehow, some (all) of the money has to go to the victim.
                      If it's tax fraud, let him work off his back payments at interest.
                      "Although I may disagree with what you say, I will defend to the death your right to hear me tell you how wrong you are."

Comment

Does a nybody know laws wrt prisoners and their former jobs ? Do all prisoners lose their day job whe being jailed ?
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

depends on if their employer wants to keep a convicted criminal employed . It's all up to the boss.

Comment

Working...
                          X