No announcement yet.

Killing a day in San Francisco, without tourism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Francisco is probably my favorite U.S. city. My trips there inevitably revolve around food. I see you have already penned in dinner in Chinatown, so you seem to be of a like mind. I also like the little Russian district (along Geary near the Presidio IIRC). There was a restaurant there called Russian Renaissance (I was last there about 18 years ago so they may be gone) that was really good. Fresh loaves of black bread and lots of butter, tremendous borshch, and a wide variety of entrees. There was also a Hungarian place in Ghiardelli (sp) that was tremendous, though I only had lunch there once. There is also a Japan Town that was interesting, when I was there they had entertainment (in this case a visiting troupe of traditional drummers) and of course plenty of Japanese food. Anyway, bon appetit! Let us know where you went and what you ate.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Reenact that car chase in 'Bullitt'
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Some further suggestions, depending on your interests:

* Sutro Bath Ruins (extremely scenic spot),
        including the Camera Obscura and Musee Mechanique

* Golden Gate Park

* Palace of Fine Arts (one of my favorite spots on earth)

* Presidio

* Areas of the city loaded with picturesque Victorian homes (too many to list)

There was a restaurant there called Russian Renaissance (I was last there about 18 years ago so they may be gone)
        It was still there when I left two years ago.

Wow, I really miss San Francisco!
        Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

Working...
        X