Silhouettes of trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silhouettes of trees

Hydey the Gardener, or anyone: know any sites with pictures of silhouettes of naked leaf trees in winter? The idea would be to learn to recognize naked leaf trees also in winter.

The...Larch.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

The...?Fir

Seems like a pretty tough task. Are you primarily interested in trees from northern Europe? Why are you excluding other means of tree identification such as bark and leaf type?

Comment

True. Bark and leaves are the primary source of identification.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Post a åicture and we might be able to identify it for you.
          Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
          Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

I mean deciduous trees like birch, oak, you name it. In winter there are no leaves, and from a distance you can’t discern the details of bark. Besides, I find it hard to identify a tree by its bark, except a birch and an aspen. Pictures of silhouettes, or growth forms, would be excellent.

I’ve done some serious searching in (prep? on? with? by? through? with the means of?) Google. Search terms like identifying naked trees in winter bring back lots of excellent matches – no pics in any of them!

Thanks anyway for your interest.

Comment

Don't give up that easily.

I have all the silhouettes of indigenous trees of BC. Unfortunately they are mostly conifers. But it is not on a website, but in a reference handbook.

My guess is that the info you are looking for is on the net as well as the library. Keep refining your search terms and I'll bet you can find it. But even with the silhouettes, you won't find identification an easy task.

Comment

I never wanted to be a reporter. I wanted to be...

a LUMBERJACK!!!

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay, I sleep all night and I work all day...
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Glad to see that your avatar's weird hair colour problem has been fixed Allie.

Wilderness, are these 'wilderness' trees? Any pruning will make your task even harder.

Comment

I knew this was a female thread even before I opened it up.
                    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

My avatar has changed, RedFred. Previously the little girl with the green hair was Lum the Alien Princess. Now it's May, my cousin in Hangzhou.

She's really sweet and her English is endearingly quirky. As is the rest of her.
                      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
                      X