Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Apolyton Socialist Book Club: March Vote

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by chegitz guevara


    Nominate it for April.
    I'll cross-nominate to the science fiction book club too.
    "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

    Comment


    • #17
      Hey Che, how long do you think we should let this poll last?
      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

      Comment


      • #18
        they're all great books.
        CSPA

        Comment


        • #19
          Bah, how could Emma Goldman be losing?
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

          Comment


          • #20
            It's a big book.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by monkspider
              Hey Che, how long do you think we should let this poll last?
              Monday?
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by chegitz guevara


                Monday?
                Sounds good.
                http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

                Comment


                • #23
                  Well?
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    As of 8:20 central time, the Engels work was ahead of second place Guevara's "Motorcycle diaries" making it the Apolyton Socialist Club's March book of the month. Thanks to all that voted.
                    I will allow Che to start a thread on the book since it is his nomination.
                    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      bump for Che to see.
                      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        bump again for that lazy bum che.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Pick Engel, I already have that book and won't need to waste more money I don't have .
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Tightening the screws...

                            Che is probably working on a brilliant analysis, chock-full of cross-references to every one of the other nominated works. I eagerly await his results.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I really wanted to see a discussion on Trotsky's defense of State terrorism.
                              I make no bones about my moral support for [terrorist] organizations. - chegitz guevara
                              For those who aspire to live in a high cost, high tax, big government place, our nation and the world offers plenty of options. Vermont, Canada and Venezuela all offer you the opportunity to live in the socialist, big government paradise you long for. –Senator Rubio

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by DinoDoc
                                I really wanted to see a discussion on Trotsky's defense of State terrorism.
                                You will.


                                Now, everyone go read Engles! You can find it here for free. We'll do the thread for it's discussion next week, to give folks some time to read it.
                                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X