Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ten Years Ago In Waco

Has it been ten years already?

I was a senior in High School watching TV thinking what in the hell were there they thinking. Stuff like this makes me feel old.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

I thought it's been more than ten years. That would make me 13 at the time...thought I was younger...
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Yeah it seems like it was longer ago.

Is it me or have the militia nuts gone underground. You just don't hear much about them anymore.
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Waco was a bunch of wacked out cultists who decided to shot a few cops then lite themselves and their families on fire. Really ****ed up ****.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Is it me or have the militia nuts gone underground. You just don't hear much about them anymore.
          I thought they were running your government now !
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

hi. IT WASN"T IN WACO!
            mt. carmel. waco was just the closest sign of life.
            "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

"Those whackos in Mt. Carmel" just dosen't have the same ring, somehow...
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Containment was working until the BATF determined that regime change was necessary.
                "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

Well here is a comment from one of nine survivors

A former CIA official says Army commandos played a role in the deadly standoff.

Sept. 9, 1999 | Attorney General Janet Reno says she's "very, very frustrated" over recent revelations that the FBI fired explosive devices at the Mount Carmel community outside of Waco, Texas, during the April 1993 siege. I know how Reno feels. I was one of only nine survivors of the Waco blaze -- 74 men, women and children died -- and I've devoted the last six years to understanding what happened there. Frustration is a mild word to describe my feelings about that quest.

Reno's frustration, and mine, has only gotten worse recently as more damaging revelations have surfaced. First there was the CIA agent who told Salon News and the Dallas Morning News that members of the Army's secret Delta Force unit had actively participated in the siege. Then the FBI turned over tape recordings that include audio of an agent requesting and receiving permission to use pyrotechnic devices. Reports on Wednesday revealed the government also used incendiary flares during the Waco siege similar to those used to burn down the hideout of white supremacist Robert Mathews.

ah well 10 years... we are getting old
                  Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                  GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

While I generally believe in non violence, I think they attacked the wrong compound.

The people living in a compound outside of Crawford, Texas in the same county are the really dangerous ones.
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                    X