Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Economy Grows Faster than First Thought!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just thought I'd toss this e-mail out for those who haven't seen it. Although, this link will probably be Slashdotted very soon.

Wraith
    "There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: when he can't afford it, and when he can."
    -- Mark Twain

Comment

This one's funny...

- US unilateralism is seen as arrogant, bullyish. If the U.S. cannot behave in partnership with its allies -- especially the Europeans -- it risks not only political alliance but BUSINESS, as well. Company leaders argued that they would rather not have to deal with US government attitudes about all sorts of multilateral treaties (climate change, intellectual property, rights of children, etc.) -- it's easier to just do business in countries whose governments agree with yours. And it's cheaper, in the long run, because the regulatory envornments match. War against Iraq is seen as just another example of the unilateralism.

Oh, like they're going to remove themselves from the largest market in the world. Riiiiiight. Sounds like they can't hack the competition to me.

I learned that the US economy is the primary drag on the global economy, and only a handful of nations have sufficient internal growth to thrive when the US is stagnating.

We're the drag? Riiiiight. Couldn't be Germany or Japan, could it?
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

el freako,

I should have said annualized growth rate.
        "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
        "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
        "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

--"We're the drag? Riiiiight. Couldn't be Germany or Japan, could it?"

I did find that line particularly amusing. The way she phrases it makes it sound more like she considers the US to be the one driving the global economy, and is upset that everyone isn't being dragged along in our wake at the moment.

Wraith
          Maybe I don't FEEL like smiling

Comment

It's part of the Anti-US feeling. They hate that we have the biggest market and they have to play our game. They would like to see another market come to dominate.
            "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
            "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
            "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Re: US Economy Grows Faster than First Thought!

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui US Economy Grows Faster than First Thought!
              The US Economy grows faster than your first thought?

Why doesn´t that surprise me?

Just joking, not trolling.
              Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Even if another market came to dominate (possible), only a broke fool wouldn't focus a large amount of resources on the US market.

They're just pissed with bad experiences in the US. It's a tough market. But it's also extremely rewarding if you succeed.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                X