Lord of the Dance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord of the Dance!

Ok, so what started out as a boring evening quickly turned into a wonderful, prize-filled evening. I went to drop off my wedding gift for Scott & Carolyn (some friends, whose wedding I am going to on Saturday), and when I got there they said they were going to see Spirited Away at the campus theater. I decided to go with them. So we get there and sit around waiting for the movie to start. They start doing random anime trivia for stupid little prizes. Then they say that they need 3 volunteers for a "physical challenge."

My friends urge me to stand up and volunteer, so I do. I get up there, and wouldn't you know it: The competition is to see who can get the most audience applause by doing irish jigs! Recall that I got my dancepad last month and have been practicing a lot (I'm actually quite good now). Winner gets 2 tickets to see Flogging Molly next month.

The first guy goes, and does some half-assed dance thing. I go next and am a bit nervous but still manage to move my feet in beat with the music. The third guy goes and just bounces around and then does some handstand. Then we go again. The first guy does the exact same thing. I move my feet twice as fast and dance me a jig, and then the third guy does the same thing again. Voting comes, and I'm easily picked to win, with loud cheers and whistling! The tickets are mine!

Oh, the movie was excellent, too. And now my "girlfriend", who I met on another forum and who lives in San Diego, is going to try to set up a "send her to Montana" fund so she can come out here, see me, and go to the concert with me. When I get the link, I'll post it here and you all can donate to it so she can come up here and go to the concert with me

Link to donate:
    Last edited by ixnay; February 28, 2003, 03:57.

Which forum did you meet her on?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

PPGWorld Forums

Comment

My eyes, my eyes!!
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Comment

Powerpuff Girls?!? You were looking for babes weren't you.
            Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
            Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
            Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
            You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

OK, you can use the donation button on the frontpage of her website to help out:

Comment

We've raised at least $30 so far.

*stealth bump for the morning crew*

Comment

Flogging molly? What a coincidence, I'm listen to 'em right now. I really like flogging molly even if I think that the old album (swagger) was bit better than this new one (drunken lullabies).

Comment

If I could afford it I would gladly contribute to the "Get Kyle Laid" fund, but....
                    Last edited by FrustratedPoet; February 28, 2003, 11:48.
                    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
                      We've raised at least $30 so far.

*stealth bump for the morning crew*
                      How much will you need?
                      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

We're looking at $320. And we're up to $45.50 right now.

Comment

Working...
                        X