Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! My Computer Power Supply Electrons Want To Be Free.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! My Computer Power Supply Electrons Want To Be Free.

Here Is The Deal

I bought a 400 Watt (in theory) rated power supply for my new "Home Grown, Build Your Own" computer system.

The power supply is labeled as an Enermax PS400 but is just a rebadged Leadman LP-6100D and it appears to be defective. It only puts out 3.14V @ the ATX power connector of the Asus A7V8X with just the Motherboard powered up. If I install the Asus V9280 AGP card the voltage @ the ATX connector drops to 2.96V and the MB power monitor says 2.84V. I installed a ATI 7200 AGP and the ATX connector voltage drops to 3.04V and MB power monitor says 2.9V. How do I prove if this is the power supply or the motherboard.

Also the 5V rail is low but within specifications (i.e. the motherboard power monitor says 4.89V).
    The ways of Man are passing strange, he buys his freedom and he counts his change.
    Then he lets the wind his days arrange and he calls the tide his master.

All I see in that post are a bunch of product designations/ serial numbers

Comment

You can simulate a load by use of resistors.

Alternatively, you can check the power supply with another mobo that is known to work properly.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Zylka

Get a pair of "Reading Conprehenshion Glasses".
        The ways of Man are passing strange, he buys his freedom and he counts his change.

Comment

UR
          I realy don't want to have to build a test bed for this PS and the only other MB I have to test with is a Pentimum Pro MB that I do not think uses the 3.3V rail.

Comment

Know any friendly computer hardware retailer? If not, got a friend who can loan you the use of his computer?
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Promethus
              Zylka

Get a pair of "Reading Conprehenshion Glasses".
              Can I find these "Conprehenshion Glasses" on sale beside the spelling dictionaries?

Comment

Zylka
                No they are in the lube shelf.

Comment

I think we can agree that we're done here

Comment

Zylka - MOST AWESOMEST PERSON ON EARTH
                    Thank-you for your most helpfull comments on solving my problem.

Comment

I'm sorry

I honestly would if I knew how. I'm just poking fun

Comment

I borrowed a 300 watt power supply and it solved the problem. So now I know it's a bad power supply and I contact the vendor that sold it to me with a 1 year warranty and this is the reply I get back from them.

Hi!

You should direct your question to Raidmax directly. Since, we are giving what they are giving to us.

If you want to order 4pcs more, go ahead to make it,and we will get your out 5pcs,and you can return the previous Power supply.

This is first time, we are hearing from you,so may that particular unit is like that. we don't know.

Hope, this will resolve your problem.

Thanks,

What do you do with a vender like this (I sent him a "Nasty Gram" but did not get a responce)?

Comment

So he doesn't want to exchange it for you? Ah well, probably nothing you can do. Is there a distributor in the area you can deal with? That's usually the guy you go to for eventualities like this.

You can also try telling him that his service attitude sucks, and you are going to complain.

Comment

UR

As far as I can tell this guy is the sole distributor/importer for Enermax in the USA. And doing a search of the internet turns up no information on the manufacturer, so it looks like I am screwed.

Comment

If he is the distributor, he is responsible for making the exchanges.

By the way, Google is your friend - Enermax

Comment

Working...
                              X