Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My English teacher is a complete psychopath who has no idea how to right persuasivley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My English teacher is a complete psychopath who has no idea how to right persuasivley

Whether or not you think I am a lunatic I think I present most of my arguments(Tonight dosent count because I am dead tired) in an inteligent manner, showing many different sources of proof, and explaining those proofs.

I have been for weeks working on a very long writing assignment for Dante's Infero.......

I have to write a persuasive essay(book at the length it is coming too....).

What is the biggest kind of idiot in board arguments?

The biggest kind of idiot is the person who just REPETADLY states their opinion/belief with no new proof.....

How does my English teacher want me to write this paper?

Yu guessed it..

"Well Ves, if you want to convince someone of something how do you do it?" she would exclaim to me as I hesitantly questioned the assignment.

"Ves you go to them again and again and a again trying to explain your point of view till the understand it!"

This is the point I gave serious consideration if my teacher was worth the oxygen she was breathing, let alone my parents tax dollars....

APPARENTLY the best way to convince someone you are right is to say "I am right" AS MANY times as you can in unique ways focusing on only ONE proof, even though one proof by itself is always very weak in any argument.....I have so far re-stated "I am right" 147 consecutive times in my so far 23 page paper.......

If someone is trying to convince you of something would you tire quickly if they just said "I AM RIGHT", or would you expect them to have MANY reasons why they are right?

I question my English teachers right to reproduce........

Love the title baby.

Does she bug you about your grammar?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

And to think I thought you misspelled "write" in the title.

Comment

He IS tired, guys.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I havent slept well in days because the deadline is coming up and im working late every night on what is proboably the WORST writing per page I have ever done in my life-I wrote this rant quickly without checking the grammar or spelling.

Comment

Hell, I never check grammar and spelling, I just "happen" to be good at spelling. Grammar can use work though.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

You have to be more subtle than simply writing "I am right" 147 times or whatever. You have to reformulate your opinion in many ways, and recall your opinion (subtly) every time your reader might begin to think for himself.
              The key is to shift the perspective of the reader without him noticing you're playing with it.

You can allow dissent in your essay, but then you'll have to rebuke it quickly, with some ridiculing, so that the opposition's points become moot. Caution, if you feel the opposition's point are too strong, or if you see how your rebuttal can be rebutted, abstain. This method can be dangerous when you're not sure enough of yourself.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

"You have to be more subtle than simply writing "I am right" 147 times or whatever. You have to reformulate your opinion in many ways, and recall your opinion (subtly) every time your reader might begin to think for himself.
                The key is to shift the perspective of the reader without him noticing you're playing with it"

If you are writing propoganda and want to mess with your readers mind then yes that is what you do, however I am trying to proove why I am right, not brainwash why I am right.

My argument is forced to be weak because I am only allowd to mention a VERY small number of issues, I could tear my own paper apart, any apolytonite could, hell any grade schooler could.

Comment

Oh, I thought the very point of your teacher was to teach you how to write propaganda. If you're writing a serious paper, with serious reader(s), it's different.
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

quit complaining. Go find out what he/she wants. Go to office hours. You'll come out a better writer. I went through the same thing Freshman year, and I came out a better writer. Sounds almost verbatim what I felt.
                    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

The method works well on the unthinking. Just look at what Robespierre and Russeau got away with in the guise of "persuasive writing."
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                        Oh, I thought the very point of your teacher was to teach you how to write propaganda. If you're writing a serious paper, with serious reader(s), it's different.
                        Yeap, its a serious paper.

Originally posted by orange
                        quit complaining. Go find out what he/she wants. Go to office hours. You'll come out a better writer. I went through the same thing Freshman year, and I came out a better writer. Sounds almost verbatim what I felt.
                        Im a senior and I've been working on this for 4 weeks, its a huge assignment. What she wants is a long rediculously repetative weak argument..............For its legnth this is the most POORLY written thing I have wrote.

Comment

Re: My English teacher is a complete psychopath who has no idea how to right persuasi

Originally posted by Vesayen

APPARENTLY the best way to convince someone you are right is to say "I am right" AS MANY times as you can in unique ways focusing on only ONE proof, even though one proof by itself is always very weak in any argument.....
                          Are you preparing yourself to lead the US diplomacy ?
                          Statistical anomaly.
                          The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Re: Re: My English teacher is a complete psychopath who has no idea how to right persuasi

Originally posted by DAVOUT

Are you preparing yourself to lead the US diplomacy ?
                            LOL!

Comment

23 pages! You should go back, take out everything superfluous, and distill down to the true essence of your essay:

"I am right."
                              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
                              X