Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get Red Alert to work on Windows 2000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get Red Alert to work on Windows 2000?

It simply won't work (I'm talking about the original Red Alert here, not RA2). The same applies for C&C. When I try to run it, I get this message:

"The procedure entry point SMapLS_IP_EBP_12 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll".

Any ideas?
    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Anyone at all?
    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Comment

You need a DLL update, C&C wasn't designed to run on NT kernels. See westwood.ea.com / support / file updates. I don't know which patches you're supposed to download, though.
      This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

I don't even think you can IIRC , not sure.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Use DOS?
          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

I could use the DOS version (it works), but it's all nasty and blocky.

Westwood Online doesn't appear to have any updates for RA with regards to Win2K.

Comment

Do a Google search for VDMSound. It got most of my games working under W2K.
              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
              And notifying the next of kin
              Once again...

Comment

Downloading it now.

Comment

Good luck
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

It failed.

Comment

Bah! I think it is probably going to be one of those you are going to have to forget. Believe it or not I have never got Sim City 3000 to work with Windows XP...
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Looks like it, doesn't it?

Comment

Treat yourself to a copy of RA2 - it's a budget title in many shops now.
                          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Sorry about VDMSound

Dual-boot WinXP-Win9x maybe?
                            Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                            And notifying the next of kin
                            Once again...

Comment

Working...
                            X