Consumer Confidence Nears 10-Year Low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava

BWAHHAHAHWABHAWHAHAHAHAH OMG that was funny MtG... while Bush is leading the country into the toilet, you say we it's unAmerican to talk about a meaningless issue like the economy?! Please tell me you're joking!
    If you can't tell, I can't help you. My adoration of George II and the chickenhawks is something I try to convey in all my posts on related subjects.

I just can't stand handwringers and most of the left, either.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
      Most of it stays home - the joys of direct deposit, plus it's kind of hard to find ATM's or anything to spend your money on out in the Iraqi desert.
      True, most of it does go home, and often the spouse can spend it. However, usually the military personel like their spouse to wait until they return to start spending extra money that they earned on deployment. That doesn't always happen though, and many people come back from deployment to find that there is not the money in their savings account that they had anticipated.
      "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
      "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
      "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Unfortunately, when reserve units are deployed it is the opposite, because military pay is often less than their civilian jobs paid. Otherwise they would more likely have stayed/become active military by their own decision.
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
        X