Obligatory desktop thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much, monolith.

I still absolutely detest how Apple puts that toolbar always up at the very top.

Why is it so difficult to attach the toolbar to the window it controls?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I figure it gives more flexibility with creating software...
      Not that I really know anything about this - I just have grown used to it, it feels totally normal to me. It should - I've been using it for 13+ years...
      Additionally, I should also note that I've been using pcs since then as well. yes, I know DOS
      so I'm not just one of those mac people who ONLY knows mac - I've tried both and generally prefer apple's OS.
      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
      Drake Tungsten
      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
      Albert Speer

Comment

Hmm. The toolbar is at the top because some people like it there.
        Attached Files
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Nice, Ag - if a bit conventional... I like seeing graphic converter in your tool bar, although I never got aquisition to work for me... perhaps because I'm behind a college firewall?
          What kind of rig do you have? the new 17" imac or something fancier?
          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
          Drake Tungsten
          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
          Albert Speer

Comment

i just installed that 3 degrees program...
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
              Nice, Ag - if a bit conventional... I like seeing graphic converter in your tool bar, although I never got aquisition to work for me... perhaps because I'm behind a college firewall?
              What kind of rig do you have? the new 17" imac or something fancier?
              No. I have an indigo imac that is three years old. I will get a new ibook sometime in the next two years but this imac runs just fine on half a gig of RAM and there is no point in replacing it since it does all I want it to do and since I installed OS X (must be nearly two years ago) it has never crashed.

I must say I like Candybar - well worth the 12 bucks.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

The dark reddish background is animated, but it won't show in a jpg. I usually have winamp3 running in the background and I use an AVS color overlay to make the edge of the screen have a fire effect. It's pretty cool but I have no idea how to get a screen of it.
                Attached Files
                "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Ack! How can you folks stand the icons? I turn them off and put a desktop toolbar (drop down menu). Nothing better than an icon free desktop.
                  "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

some are good, others bad. like animation shop or the 3D viewer, those should probably be deleted. AIM+, stellapolaris map builder and the pbem utility could be set aside too. it's been a while since i've cleaned my desktop of unused icons

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
                      Ack! How can you folks stand the icons? I turn them off and put a desktop toolbar (drop down menu). Nothing better than an icon free desktop.
                      Same here. I use Desktop Architect to turn them off; all the icons I need are on the Quick Launch toolbar. My Computer and My Documents are run off the Start Menu.
                      "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

As you can see (scroll up a bit), me too. Escritorio = Desktop.
                        Edit: well... now it´s in the 2 page!
                        The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

And the winner is FELCH!!!!!!!!!

Wish I could have a desktop like that. Instead .....
                          Attached Files

Comment

ah mine's also the good ol' green win98 background

who vgives a fuk about a wallpaper anyway
                            except when it's a babe.... that's cool with me
                            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                            "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Attached Files
                              I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

OK then, here is mine...
                                Attached Files
                                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                                X