Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i'm burning my web design diplomas(if i had any)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm burning my web design diplomas(if i had any)!

my life has changed today. i saw a site beyond belief. the web design ideas contained in it are enough to write three books

Santiago Calatrava Valls is a Spanish/Swiss architect, structural engineer, sculptor and painter. He has offices in New York City, Dubai, and Zürich.

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

That's just Flash. Flash sucks, and evil besides.

Burn the blasted website!
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

it isnt just the flash!

it's full of amazing ideas like dark blue links on black background! this isnt a site, it's an experience!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
        Flash sucks, and evil besides.
        What is exactly your problem with Flash, UR?

Comment

Not speaking for UR, but flash is difficult to make a decent web page from. It's just, well, flashy. Usability is a whole other thing.
          If I'm on a web page I'm probably looking for some information. The more difficult it is to get to, the worse the web page is. I can't think of any flash pages I've ever been to that got good ratings there.

Wraith
          The mome rath isn't born that could outgrabe me

Comment

It's not my problem. It's a problem of people misusing it. There are certain applications for it, sure, but using it to make an entire website is not one of them.

There are many problems with it. Suffice to say that usability goes to Hell is the big one. See what Vicent and Jakob have to say about Flash.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

It was OK, but I tend to just bypass all that flash crap when entering a site. I'm not looking to be entertained for 10 min by an intro before I can get to what I want on a site. So I would say that while there may be interesting technical points (from your perspective), the site sucked from mine. It told me nothing, I'm not even sure what the site was about and if I have to search for anything I'm gone.
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

OK, Wraith and UR, I agree, for quite a lot of Flash sites, the usability and functionality disappears, because the designers want to produce something that makes people go "Oooohhh!!!"

I always liked this Flash site though:

Comment

it's really not that great, but I enjoy working with Flash.
                  "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                  You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

So I would say that while there may be interesting technical points (from your perspective), the site sucked from mine
                    notice a certain smiley in my first post

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                      So I would say that while there may be interesting technical points (from your perspective), the site sucked from mine
                      notice a certain smiley in my first post
                      Oops. No fair hiding them in the bottom of the post
                      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                      X