Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Name is Howard Dean, and I Represent the Democratic Wing of the Democratic Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The actor playing the hologram is named, ironically, Dean Stockwell.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I know.
      I love the part where he sings that song to Frank Booth though... that was so incredibly moody. "In dreams, I think, of youuuuu..."
      You know?
      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
      Drake Tungsten
      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
      Albert Speer

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
        Dean is pro-gun, so he won't get the nomination from the Democrats.
        I don't think gun legislation is the hot-button topic for liberals as it is for conservatives. Dems won't use this position as a litmus test, but will look at all of Dean's policies. For example, he was the first governor in the U.S. to legalize homosexual unions.

My concern for Dean is that he has yet to develop the political savvy to successfully navigate the shark-filled waters of national politics. If there were justice in politics, the 2000 election would have been McCain vs. Bradley who were clearly superior to their parties' mediocre standard bearers.

Comment

No chance for Dean to get the nomination. None.

If he starts to become a threat, the establishment candidates will start hammering him on "family values," cashing in on America's not-so-latent homophobia.

Pity. He'd make a great President.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

"My concern for Dean is that he has yet to develop the political savvy to successfully navigate the shark-filled waters of national politics"
            My question to Dean was actually something like this. He said that he didn't feel coming from Vermont would hinder him politically, and also that he was experience to run a really successful campaign.
            Drake Tungsten
            Albert Speer

Comment

"don't think gun legislation is the hot-button topic for liberals as it is for conservatives. Dems won't use this position as a litmus test, but will look at all of Dean's policies. For example, he was the first governor in the U.S. to legalize homosexual unions. "

Liberals are not a homogenous group. Ya, probably among young, educated, urban liberals like yourself he will be able to survive a pro-gun stance. Among suburban females, gun-control is a big issue and they may well use gun control as a litmus test. If you recall a few years back they had the "Million Mom March" and had a sizable turnout. There is still a good deal of grass roots support for gun control, and you can bet the anti-gun lobby will bring all it's influence to bear to mobilize their grass roots to prevent what would be a nightmare scenario for them, having two candidates who both support gun rights.
              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

I agree, Shi. The Dems won't pick a pro-gun guy as their nominee. It'd be like picking a pro-life guy as their nominee! Never happen!
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I am about as liberal as they get, yet I oppose gun contol simply because the people who use guns in crimes will ignore the law anyway. Especially in high crime areas, guns are needed for self defence. My only gun control things I want is the banning or extreme regulation of gun shows, and make sure no one who has commited a feloney with a gun ever gets a gun again.

Comment

Odin, I'm not saying liberals are all for gun control (Communists are very anti gun control). I'm saying the Dems are for gun control .
                    Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; February 23, 2003, 17:56.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

He's not pro-gun in the sense that he's as psychotic as Charleton Heston. He simply doesn't want to ban guns. IIRC he does believe in a gun registration system.

Odin: You can't generalize gun violence. There are many different instances of gun violence. Not all of gun crime is commited by gangsters and "criminals". And that doesn't even begin to take into consideration accidental gun deaths that aren't classified as crime. And many gun-nuts are against the responsible controls and background checks you want.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

"(Communists are very pro gun control). I'm saying the Dems are for gun control"
                        What exactly are you implying here?
                        Drake Tungsten
                        Albert Speer

Comment

Democrats are commies so anyone who suggest gun control is a dirty commie and should be deported.

God Bless John Ashcroft, George Bush, and God Bless America!
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What exactly are you implying here?

It was a typo... Commies are anti-gun control, I mean

Comment

Ooooooh... ok! It all makes sense now! I guess I'll have to join the green party to avoid being labeled a dirty commie, dirty hippie, whatever...

Interestingly enough, I've never met a bad smelling liberal. Bad smelling conservatives seem to pop up eveywhere, in my experience...
                              Drake Tungsten
                              Albert Speer

Comment

I've never met a bad smelling liberal.

I see that you've never been to college.

Comment

Working...
                                X