No announcement yet.

Law & Order, the TV kind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I've never watch more than a couple of seconds of it.

Comment

Yeah... it was a long time ago... but we still watched it until we just couldn't put up with "let's make a deal" DA's any more.

D'Onofrio is one of those guys you are either going to hate or love. I think he's perfect in the role. But I can understand how somebody could not like him
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
        I guess you mean the change from Stone to McCoy: that was 7 years ago, no?
        looking up on the imdb, it was nine years ago.

Does anyoen even remember the actor how played the first old cop? I know Paul Sorvino had the role season 2.
        George Dzundza
        "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Bring back Angie Harmon!
          If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
            Does anyoen even remember the actor how played the first old cop? I know Paul Sorvino had the role season 2.
            From one of the many web sites...

George Dzundza quit the show after its first season over a dispute with the writers and producers over scheduling and script quality. The series was originally set to film in Los Angeles, but when **** Wolf won his fight to shoot it in New York, Dzundza did not want to relocate his family there, and thus had to divide his time between the two locations. This argument reached a breaking point when the producers threatened to sue him if Dzundza interrupted shooting to be with his wife at the birth of their child. Dzundza's actual last appearance is in "The Blue Wall," though his character, Greevey, makes a shadowy appearance in the second season opener, "Confession" through the magic of doubles.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I never liked Angie Harmon's character. Hennesey was the best, but her character's dead.

I really like CI, but I feel that most of the rest of the characters have very little to do. It's D'Onofrio's show, and he does a great job. So, does anyone else think after last week's episode that the character is slightly schizophrenic?
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Timexwatch
                Bring back Angie Harmon!
                NEVER!
                Jill Hennesy and the current actress are both pretty but still believable characters. Harmon and the previous one (Gere's wife) not only distract too much, but I never liked the sensibilities of their characters.

The Dzundza character gets shot and killed, which is when Sorvino comes in. Sorvino is also shot. I think the Hennensy characters dies in a car crash. The explination for the other cast members leaving is usually for personal or business reasons.
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Hennesy's got her own show now, and boy does it suck.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                    I never liked Angie Harmon's character. Hennesey was the best, but her character's dead.
                    Actually, I don't remember that ever being clarrified. Although obviously she was at least seriously injured. (OTOH, this is TV, no major characters ever really die on TV...)

As for Angie Harmon, if history teaches us anything, it's that she'll become a defense attorney and show up in some episode defending the accused.
                    "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                      Hennesy's got her own show now, and boy does it suck.
                      Some of us like it.

Speaking of Crossing Jordan, a couple of other Law & Order Alumni have shown up on it, including Chris Noth and the woman who played Shambala Green in the first few seasons.

Comment

haha edan, i remember the first time i saw brisko as "mr lehr"...that was one of those, "WTF IS GOING ON" moments
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

The first episode of the second seaons we see the Dzundza charcter gunned down. So people do die in L&O.

As for the Hennesy character, my guess is she dies: otherwise she would ahve been brought up again. As for her new show, watched it a couple of times, and do not like it that much: at best tis tepid. I must say she (Hennesy) does sing well. It's also strange that she is an indentical twin. you hardly ever think of actors on TV as being half of a set of twins.

Comment

It has quality. And I loved Angie Harmon. She has the "look". I'd love to bang the crap out of her

But anyways it is too formulatic. And they make it look too easy. They wrap up an investigation in 22 minutes. And take 22 minutes to prosecute the guy. It is never that easy. And the episodes are the same thing every time it seems. I used to watch it when I watches Left Wing regularly, but I no longer watch that show as well.

Comment

The formula in L&O is that it never goes well: anytime they seem to have wrapped things up in 15 minutes, you know they are wrong, and that some new 'twist' will come up.

The show is now formulaci, and to me, that is part of the charm, like Original Coca Cola. You know, i probalby care for the Politics of the West Wing afr more then you, but I never cared for that show at all.

Comment

I love Law and Order... my dad is somewhat of a Law and Order freak. Now that he's retired, he watches as many episodes per day as he can find on basic cable.

I like all of the Law and Order series'. I don't know if I prefer SVU or CI over the original; but I definitely have some favorites among the actors. Vincent D.Onofrio or whatever is the sh1t... I feel bad for his partner though, she's like a little assistant. My favorite line in that show is "Imes... hand me a bag." I like the DA from CI also... that black guy is cool as hell with his old school detective's hat.

As for the original... I love Lenny... I liked the Benjamin Bratt episodes best, but only because of the hot ADA that was McCoy's sidekick. She left the show but made cameos as a defense attorney. I have no problem with the current ADA that works with McCoy, although I'm not a big fan of Fred Thompson.

If all three series were on at the same time, I'd probably watch CI or SVU. The woman detective on SVU is smoking!! I read somewhere that she's Jane Mansfield's daughter.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X