Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the greatest problems the US faces right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the media compares Pearl Harbor to 9-11, which makes people think that Pearl Harbor was a terrorist attack. Which it wasn't.
    "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
    "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
    "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

1. **** Cheney and his wonder-puppet, Dubya.
      2. Karl Rove
      3. Donald Rumsfeld

If the three above weren't there, about half of the problems on the list wouldn't be there.
      The other half is John Ashcroft.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo

The other half is John Ashcroft.
        Ah, I knew I had missed someone...
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

You can tell that the Euros are stuffing the ballot box when the following is a top-rated problem...

Rift growing between US and its traditional allies
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Abe Lincoln would be a Democrat if he were alive today.

And Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, and Andrew Jackson would be Republicans. What is your point?
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I already voted for the economy, but I was thinking about another problem facing America. If Bush keeps getting our military tied up all over the world the Canadians could sneak attack. Notice on this very thread that frogger is defending the attack on Pearl Harbor.
              "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
              "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
              "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Re: What are the greatest problems the US faces right now?

Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior
                Note: I know that Iraq, North Korea, and Al Qaeda are all bigger problems than say, the Economy. However, foreign policy and domestic issues are seperate problems, so you should not compare them.
                Note: no they're not
                "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I voted for four top problems:

1) Al-Queda and its network

2) North Korea

3) tension between India and Pakistan

4) other civil rights issues

By the fourth problem, I am referring to the fact that homosexuals are still denied federal, equal protection under the Constitution of equal rights in terms of employment, housing, spouse tax benefits, and so forth.

There appears to be significant progress though, at business, city, and state levels in different parts of the United States.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by DuncanK
                    I already voted for the economy, but I was thinking about another problem facing America. If Bush keeps getting our military tied up all over the world the Canadians could sneak attack. Notice on this very thread that frogger is defending the attack on Pearl Harbor.
                    CSIS is coming for you.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Um, Frogger -- you defend Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor?

Comment

No more than I "defend" Hitler's attack on Poland.
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
                          No more than I "defend" Hitler's attack on Poland.
                          So you were misquoted?

Comment

But there was nothing "wrong" with it in the same sense that bombing civilians or machine-gunning prisoners is wrong.

And it certainly cannot be considered a terrorist attack in any reasonable sense of the word.

If the war is morally wrong (as Japan's war against the US was) then such an attack is morally wrong by extension. But if the war is morally right then such an attack would not be wrong on its own merits, as the indiscriminate bombing of cities would be, or as Japanese treatment of captive populations in mainland China was.
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

So you were misquoted?
                              Which quote? I see no quote saying that it was morally right for Japan to attack the US in December 1941...
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

DuncanK made the claim that you defended Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor -- unless that was in jest.

Comment

Working...
                                X