Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the greatest problems the US faces right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frogger

People who can't tell the difference between the reaction to an attack on a military target outside the US that kills 17 people and the probable reaction to a civilian target(s) inside the US that kills 3000 people are unlikely to have the cognitive capacity to have done so anyway.

The greatest response to an attack on U.S. soil was given by a liberal Democrat. The greatest use of U.S. forces to fight evil was undertaken by a liberal Democrat. The Republicans may have done everything they can to try and erase FDR's name from public works and buildings and smear his legacy, but they aren't going to be able to change history.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

The greatest response to the stability of the Union was by a Republican president

Education is a problem, but the education system is most definitely not failing. I think that it could be improved and it should be improved, but the larger problem is the lack of motivation by most students. Either teachers need a better education, we need to switch away from teching by rote, or we need to seperate those who want to learn from those who don't have more specialized schools.

WRT the rest - crappy music. It is the cause of every problem. That and a lack of bananas in everyone's diet.
      I never know their names, But i smile just the same
      New faces...Strange places,
      Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
      -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

The number one problem America faces today is the Bush Administration.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

It's the economy
          "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
          "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
          "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Why, the Commies are the Biggest Problem!

If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

I'm just judging from what Clinton did after terrorist attacks. These weren't minor. Many people died in those attacks. Clinton didn't seem to care. He had his own problems. He sent a few cruise missles out to detract from his own problems. I have no reason to believe Al Gore would do anything different. They tend to listen to anti-war demonstators- not ignore them like Bush. And don't forget many people protested the war against terrorism as well. I am certain that would have never happened with Gore as pres.

Comment

I'm just judging from what Clinton did after terrorist attacks. These weren't minor. Many people died in those attacks. Clinton didn't seem to care. He had his own problems. He sent a few cruise missles out to detract from his own problems. I have no reason to believe Al Gore would do anything different. They tend to listen to anti-war demonstators- not ignore them like Bush. And don't forget many people protested the war against terrorism as well. I am certain that would have never happened with Gore as pres.

Which ones?

Cole?

a) Not a terrorist attack
                b) Not inside US
                c) One half of one percent of WTC

First WTC?

a) Yes, a terrorist attack
                b) Yes, inside US
                c) Half-dozen dead. You wanted him to start a war?

Oklahoma City?

a) Terrorist attack
                b) Inside US
                c) Significant death toll
                d) Committed by Americans. Declare war on Iowa?
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

You don't see the difference between 17 and 3000?
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

By the way, I'm one of those anti-war people...but I fully supported the war in Afghanistan, and my own country's involvement i it.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The USS Cole was a terrorist attack, it just wasn't directed against civilians.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

No it wasn't; it was a guerilla atack against a legitimate military target.
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                          I'm just judging from what Clinton did after terrorist attacks. These weren't minor. Many people died in those attacks. Clinton didn't seem to care.

Do you think we could have gone to war in 1998 over the Embassy bombings?

I have no reason to believe Al Gore would do anything different.

You have no reason to believe he was the same, however.

They tend to listen to anti-war demonstators- not ignore them like Bush. And don't forget many people protested the war against terrorism as well.

I don't recall many protests against the War in Afganistan. I know there were a lot of voices on thi board, who were concerned that the US was getting itself into a quagmire. I was concerned over the welfare of Afgani civilians, who managed to luck out by the unexpected collapse of the Taliban and the unsually mild winter which allowed food to get to the refugees. But very few people were opposed to the war, per se.

Man, you pro-war people will just make up anything to get a chance to see your pretty explosions.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Oops. Forgot those.

They were the best case for a war, but it's unlikely any US government could have fought a war over that (republican or democrat) given that the vast majority of victims were African, IIRC.
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
                              No it wasn't; it was a guerilla atack against a legitimate military target.
                              Were the Cole an invading/occupying force in an unwilling country, I might give that to you. But it was nothing of the kind, as it was there with the permission of the local government.

That just makes it a terrorist attack on a foreign target. If an American group bombed a Canadian ship during fleet week in NYC, I'd call it terrorism, not guerilla warfare.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I wouldn't.

And the people tha did it are unlikely to view the government that allows the US ships there as legitimate.

If a group wants to fight a guerilla war against the US, then all US military forces anywhere in the world are legitimate targets, just like all of Iraq's military forces were legitimate targets in the 1991 war whether they were occupying Kuwait or not.
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X