Are you a Dink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you a Dink?

If so, what are you? If not, do you know what one is? Also, what is a 'git'? I think that's Britspeak.

What are some aussie slang terms? I know there's alot...

I have a pretty good idea of what the term '****er' means, but what does 'putz' mean?

Can you think of any slang I sould know about or that you want to know the definition of?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

WoW, 'vvank' has made it to the big time...it's a no-no at Poly!
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

A 'git' is a nasty person - used as an insult in the same way as b*****d.

We have a few local Liverpool terms,

A 'Bizzy' is a policeman.
      A 'jigger' is an allyway.

One term which has caught on nationally is 'moggie' - the cat equivalent to 'mongrel'.

There's probably loads more.

Comment

A putz is a clumsy person IIRC.

Dink = double income no kids. In other words, a yuppie couple. That's the only "dink" I know.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Re: Are you a Dink?

Originally posted by Lancer
          what does 'putz' mean?
          Jewish slang for "penis." Usually used as a insult to describe a man who is stupid, petty or vindictive.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
            Dink = double income no kids. In other words, a yuppie couple. That's the only "dink" I know.
            Or gay or lesbian couples.

Comment

All those British terms sound so quaint and innocent. Like "wanker". It's so British it shouldn't even be censored.
              "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
              "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

The Beatles used the Liverpool version of 'git' in 'So Tired'

"And curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid GET"

Comment

Bugger means to have anal sex. This comes from the French word, bougre, which means Bulgarian. So, why was anal sex associated with the Bulgarians? Because the Cathars, a religious sect who believed that everything material was evil, felt that having children was immoral. Thus, they practiced anal sex as a form of birth control. The Cathars originated in the Balkans, which, at that time, were controled by the Bulgarian Empire. So Bougre was a slang term for the Cathars, and then for their "backwards" sex practices.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

www.viz.co.uk has Roger's Profanisaurus, which is an entertaining charivari of vulgar expressions and expletives - ideal for use at home and in the office.
                    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I guess I'm an Oink.
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

The Cathars originated in the Balkans, which, at that time, were controled by the Bulgarian Empire.
                        Or to get even more pedantic they were big in Bosnia until they converted to Islam. However before Bosnia there were in the Armenian region and they got to the Balkans by being resettled by the Byzantine Emperor, after which they converted a good bit of the locals IIRC
                        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Currently a dink but not for much longer. When the baby comes ( in May) its one kid and one income.

How about some slang from my home region in eastern Canada

hangashore (explanation below)

A hangashore was a generally lazy person who did not go out fishing like the rest of the the adults ( or even older teens) in the community. Hanging about onshore would be generally frowned upon when there was work to be done out in the boats. A hangashore would be not quite as bad as a good-fer-nuthin . . .
                          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I have a single income and no kids. Does that make me a sink?
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

One Income Three Kids and a Wife.

OITKAAW.
                              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
                              X