Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

United States greatest threat to world peace behind Iraq, North Korea came third

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How cares about this silly popularity contest? Next week people will move on to a different subject.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Count the number of wars initiated by various countries after WWII. Which country comes up most?
      Go ahead: name any war initiated by the USA.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
        If those wars didn't threaten World Peace, how would other countries be a threat? This is clearly silly.
        Name any war in which the USA were involved where they took land / power / any other illegal form of profit.

Comment

The War on Drugs!
          "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

Oh no, the drugs(dealers) started that war.

Comment

As far as I can see are the USA one of the very few western countries that never expanded their territory.........

I might be wrong on that though.... Hawaii?

It's strange though that anti-americans speak about the 'expansionistic' americans.......... strange....

Comment

As far as I can see are the USA one of the very few western countries that never expanded their territory.........
                That's bull****, we expanded our terrority be fighting Spain, Mexico, and we never paid for the Lousiana purchase.....

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy

Are you kidding? We acquired most of the Western U.S.A. through annexation and force.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn

That's bull****, we expanded our terrority be fighting Spain, Mexico, and we never paid for the Lousiana purchase.....
                    Uh, we did indeed pay $15 million to France for Louisiana. It's just that part of the payment was by erasing debt owed to us by France.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Actually the Lousiana purchase would be worth 30-40 trillion dollars today, so we didn't pay them.

Comment

Actually the Lousiana purchase would be worth 30-40 trillion dollars today, so we didn't pay them.
                        What are you on about? We paid them $15 million dollars in 1803. That was the price they agreed to, they were happy to have it. While it was a great deal for us, keep in mind that there is such a thing as inflation. We certainly didn't force them to sell it to us.

Louisiana was a burden on the French at that point, and they were happy to be rid of it and have the cash for their European warmongering.

And it's only worth "30-40 trillion dollars today" (I suspect you pulled that out of your ass) because of what the U.S. did to build it up.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Iraq and DPRK are not threats to World Peace. Only someone with the ability to either have troops everywhere around the world, or the ability to strike anywhere in the world, is a threat to Wolrd Peace. What the hell can Iraq do to get Brazil in anything?

The SU was a threat to World peace, the Germans and Japanese were a threat to World peace (hence the World War). but Iraq and DPR? they are at best, threats to regional stability. Nothing more.

The US is not a threat to World peace- no huge wars will start due to this admin. It is a threat to the regional stability of a few places though. How manya rmed conflicts are going on right now? World peace is just a nice monicker for NO Great Power conflicts.
                          If you don't like reality, change it! me
                          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

If "peace" means unconditional rendition to terrorists without fighting, then I agree. USA is the biggest threat to world peace.

Those that are not ready to fight for what they have don't deserve it
                            "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
                            "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

I sold a car in the early 80's that would be an antique now and worth considerably more. Does this mean that I am owed some money?????????
                              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Freedom, unfortunately, is paid for with blood. If despots would not aspire to control the masses for their own ends, then I daresay that the US would not have been involved in as many conflicts. The US has a unique combination of ability and will to step in where someone must.

To allow petty dictators to become powerful and dangerous leaders is the threat to world peace, not the country that is willing to take up arms to preseve it.

The question is "threat to world peace"...not "threat to use force to maintain world peace" There is a difference and if you don't recognize it, then find a library and go to the history section.
                                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                                X