Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn, thats horrible.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I used to like great White in the 80's

Dumbasses. They are going to prison. All their royalties (what little they may have) will go the the vicitim's family. The club owner will also be sued. He may go to prison as well.

Comment

since no one has mentioned it. My above post refers to the fact that you are not allowed to have pyrotechnics in a club!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arenas yes, small clubs no.

Some guy who has a famous club in NJ said they did the same thing without the club's permission (supposedly). This is a famous club that bruce springsteen made popular.

In any case all pyrotechnics must be approved by a fire marshall regarless of where it is. But arenas are the smallest venue they are supposed to be in.

Comment

It wasn't just a small club, it was a small club in an old, wooden building.

How stupid can they be...
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

and apparantly the sound insulation was very flammable. or inflammable . the club went up in like 3 minutes.

Comment

What's interesting is the Band says they got the okay (which they shouldn't have asked for anyway), and the Club said they never gave the okay.

It's word vs word...how will they settle it?

I think both should pay the victims' families.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

CNN says 96 dead now:

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  What's interesting is the Band says they got the okay (which they shouldn't have asked for anyway), and the Club said they never gave the okay.

It's word vs word...how will they settle it?

I think both should pay the victims' families.
                  Several other club owners have come forward to say that the band also used pyrotechnics without asking permission in their clubs before this.

At any rate, the band member likely won't be held accountable, but their management company will. It seems their manager was the one responsible for asking permission. The band claims the manager told them he had gotten the o.k. The manager has disappeared and isn't talking to the press...
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I know this was truly horrible; I sympathize out of simple humanity, and more specifically as an erstwhile Rhode Islander with family still in the state.

That being said, I have an awful confession/question:

Am I the only one here who keeps thinking about "Spinal Tap"?
                    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Hey Boris even if they did get the OK it still must be approved by the Fire Marshall. Either way the band is at fault.

I stand by my prediction.

Both the club owner and the band will get sued. The band will go to prison for negligent homicide, but I think the club owner will avoid prison time.

Comment

Working...
                      X