The Primary system--why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MacTBone
    Explain to me why so many states don't count electoral votes individually? IIRC, If two out of three districts vote Republican, all three go Republican. Why? I know some states don't do this, but the overwhelming majority do and it really confuses me why they add such an unnecessary step.
    It's up to the state to decide how to apportion their electoral votes. Most states, want to be the one that puts the Presidential winner over the top, and thus reap the good will from the incomming President.

I'd definately support a Constitutional amendment requiring the states to apportion their electoral ballots proportionally. That would mitigate a lot of the electoral fraud that goes on.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
    X