Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Football Question: Has an EP ever been blocked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Question: Has an EP ever been blocked?

has an extra point kick (not a two-point conversion) ever been blocked before? it dont seem possible to me

thanks
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

it happens in college more than the NFL
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It happens. The converson rate for the average Kicker in the NFL is 98% on extra points.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yes. Can't tell you when or where, but they've been blocked plenty of times.

Comment

Yeah I've seen it before but its rare
          "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
          - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard

Comment

Sava:

yeah the college sports are played a lot more aggressively.

Ming:

I always figured the other 2% was due to bad snaps but if it's happened, alright.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Yeah, I would bet most of that 2% is bad snaps, but I have seen a few blocked. (and some of those blocked were......................due to bad snaps.)
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

its happened in the past year,pittsburg steelers playoff game vs. the titans. too bad there was a penalty.

i remember being at the '98 rose bowl OSU(Ohio State vs ASU (Arizona state) and seeing many a kick blocked. it was one of the best games ever, but sadly not for the championship. DAMN YOU MICHIGAN!
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Before the rules were change, there was a lots of block extra points. The Linebacker or D. Back would stand on top of the linemen and raise their arms. The rule was change back in the mid 80s if I remember correctly.

Comment

I saw the Bears do it in the play-offs in '85. They were on fire that year.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

They should force them to fo drop goals
                      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        I saw the Bears do it in the play-offs in '85. They were on fire that year.
                        They're ashes now.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                        X