Which news do you watch the most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which news do you watch the most?

This will mainly center on Americans since I have no idea what news networks you have in your country.

On a side note which Big 3 network evening newscast do you like the most (NBC, CBS, and ABC).

I like NBC's the best. I like Tom Brokaw. I never liked Peter Jennings for some reason. Dan Rather is decent, but he's getting old.
    Fox News
    23.26%
    NBC News
    4.65%
    CNN
    18.60%
    CBS
    2.33%
    ABC
    6.98%
    BBC
    11.63%
    MS NBC (if you can call this news- too many headliners and entertainers)
    0.00%
    CNBC
    0.00%
    Headline News (part of CNN- but they have their own channel)
    4.65%
    Naked News
    9.30%
    The Chimp Channel- banana
    18.60%

ABC, Canuk or not.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Why would anybody want to "watch" the news. I like getting more than just sound bites I much prefer to read the news...
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I agree with Ming. And the best source is of course www.msnbc.com
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I prefer to live the news
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

i prefer to make the news
            "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
            You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              I agree with Ming. And the best source is of course www.msnbc.com
              No it's not.

www.nytimes.com is.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Free registration can kiss my ass.

NYTimes is too slow to pick up on breaking news too, usually. And doesn't have adequate international coverage.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

And doesn't have adequate international coverage.
                  Are you nuts?

The NY Times has the best international coverage of any news source in the U.S. It and the Times of London are the two best international news sources in the world!
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

It took them quite a long time to realize the avalanche that killed 7 10th graders from a school outside Calgary was newsworthy.

MSNBC and CNN had a story on it within hours...

Comment

Well, I normally watch Fox News.
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

It took them quite a long time to realize the avalanche that killed 7 10th graders from a school outside Calgary was newsworthy.

MSNBC and CNN had a story on it within hours...
                        Okay, reporting 7 10th graders getting killed in Calgary, albeit a tragedy, isn't quite as in-depth as, say, a comprehensive look at the political situation in Angola and why it could lead to possible U.S. intervention on some level.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Fox news at 9.

At 9 it's news, at 10 it's history.

Otherwise, CNN Headline News usually.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I can't watch Tom Brokaw. I have no idea how he became a news anchor with that speech impedement of his. It drives me up the wall.

Personally, I like the BBC World Report. Canada also has a good all-news station (we have a couple, actually) in CBC Newsworld.
                            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I like ABC, sort of. Dan Rather really really bothers me. I prefer Al-Jazeera, but we don't have a satelite (SP?) dish yet.
                              If playground rules don't apply, this is anarchy! -Kelso

Comment

Working...
                              X