Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This just in: North Korea to End armistice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fact is, it was the Axis of Evil speech and subsequent American actions that spurred North Korea into this.

Comment

Now they've really fallen off their rocker. Time to head to the East Coast where their nukes can't reach.
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I think the Axis of Evil speech merely accelerated the process, rather than triggered it (at least, if it's true NK never stopped its nuclear program).
        My guess would be Kim wants to win the Korean unification, despite the dreadful economic situation.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by DuncanK
          It's not why you should. It's why you shouldn't. And the answer is because you're chicken.
          /imitating Mr. Goldfinger
          Noooo, Mr. Bond; the answer is, because we don´t care.
          Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn
            C. Tribune : I believe his commment was directed toward NKorea.
            Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Comment

Sandman,

That's ridiculous. The events started before that speech. He isn't doing all this because he's mad at Bush. If that were true he's definitely crazy and needs to be taken out. But it's not true. He's acting this way, because we can not immediately go kick his ass.
              "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
              "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
              "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

If the UN is going to impose sanctions that N. Korea has already said is a declaration of war, the UN should also say that they will help defend South Korea. Otherwise I see the UN imposing sanctions and SF getting nuked. The North Korean may think they might get away with it due to America's current low standings with it allies and due to our army being tied up with Iraq.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tribune

/imitating Mr. Goldfinger
                  Noooo, Mr. Bond; the answer is, because we don´t care.
                  You don't care about anything but your own ass and you want us to save that for you all the time. You don't take any responsibility for what's happening in the world. You jsut let us take care of it while you ***** and whine about how we do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                    Fact is, it was the Axis of Evil speech and subsequent American actions that spurred North Korea into this.
                    Yes, and it was a very bad mistake, because, even though I don´t think the NK government people *are* mad, I wouldn´t put my opinion to a nuclear test by provoking them.

Comment

you Euro's are insane if you think this is all bush's fault.

Is it Bush's fault that North Korea and South Korea never signed a peace treaty?

Is it Bush's fault that North Korea has been selling weapons to anyone?

Is it Bush's fault that North Korea will do anything and everything to get it's hands on a nuke?

Is it Bush's fault that North Korea has "tested" missles over Japan?

Is it Bush's fault that North Korea has one of the largest standing armies in the world?

Is it Bush's fault that the people of North Korea can't eat and the people of South Korea can't sleep?

This isn't South Korea's problem, or the US's problem, or Japan's problem, its the world's problem! If you Euros are so damn peace loving you won't let this wacko launch a nuke at Japan! We've been trying to talk with them for the last 50 years, and look where its gotten us... just back to where we started!! Go send your diplomats to Pyongyang, and maybe when their heads come back on a stake and you have to explain to their families why they were sent in the first place, you'll realize this guy will not negotiate!

This is nothing short of appeasement, remember what happened the last time you Euro's wanted to solve this diplomatically!!!
                      I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

Duncan, Caesar : All Europeans are not Comrade Tribune.
                        Last edited by Spiffor; February 17, 2003, 21:07.
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by DuncanK
                          You don't take any responsibility for what's happening in the world.
                          Why should *WE* take responsibility for the problems *YOU* manage to get yourself into?

We told you so.

Comment

They will probably get all high and mighty in the UN and start clapping for each other when they make a decision to not do anything about the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Caesar the Great
                              Is it Bush's fault that North Korea and South Korea never signed a peace treaty?
                              The Korean War itself was the fault of the United States.

What business did they have to meddle in SE Asia?

Comment

I think the Axis of Evil speech merely accelerated the process, rather than triggered it (at least, if it's true NK never stopped its nuclear program).
                                Even accelerating it is irresponsible. There are no doubt certain sections of the American government who wanted to accelerate it for their own ends.

My guess would be Kim wants to win the Korean unification, despite the dreadful economic situation.
                                Yeah, but even he knows there'd be little chance of it. But if the Americans are going to attack, he might think 'why not go for it anyway, since I'm on the chopping block anyway?'

Sandman,

That's ridiculous. The events started before that speech. He isn't doing all this because he's mad at Bush. If that were true he's definitely crazy and needs to be taken out. But it's not true. He's acting this way, because we can not immediately go kick his ass.
                                I'm sorry, but I am unable to decipher what this means.

Comment

Working...
                                X