Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This just in: North Korea to End armistice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Maybe if the EU was there, then we wouldn't have had Bush shouting his mouth off about North Korea being part of an axis of evil and thus the thawing of relations between North and South Korea could have kept happening."

Of course, it's all our fault

Well anyway if NK wants to go to war again I think we can be sure China won't do anything. China back during the 1st Korean war was isolated, now it is economically interdependent on the world, war against the US would cause the Chinese economy to crash and burn. North Korea is shooting itself in the foot here- the more it looks like we could have Korean War II, the more China will try to intervene to stop NK's nuke program.
    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

I'm not thread jacking, I'm following up on Ned's assertion that the EU will not commit forces to something that will cause us loss of life.

And I'm not bashing the USA ffs. It's okay to bash the EU in this thread but even something comparing attitudes is considered US-bashing?

Finally no its not all the US' fault, North Korea is just as bad - I'm just saying that Bush didn't exactly help the situation did he?

Comment

Shi Huangdi,

Just hope China's economy doesn't crash without war. Then they wouldn't have anything to lose. Ah, damn this is scary.
        "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
        "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
        "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Ned,

Chill.

Comment

I agree, let's save the silly EU/US bashing for another thread.
            http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DuncanK
              Oerdin,

there are no signs that China is considering any sactions though
              You're right, alot will depend on how China acts. Kim is in such sorry shape that he is unable to act without help from the red Chinese.

In the end the Chinese will act as a voice of reason and will attempt to moderate Kim. Why? Because the Chinese want ot keep modernizing their country and the export sector is the engine which powers that modernization. If China became overtly involved in a new Korean war (and if they didn't then the north would lose) then they wouldn't be able to export their goods. Thus the Chinese will push Kim to shut up.
              Last edited by Dinner; February 17, 2003, 20:01.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                I think the EU needs to send troops to replace US forces. This guy to the North of the 38th parallel is really crazy and a lot of Americans could end up being killed. It is high time for the Euros to take up some of the burden of policing the world against the insane.
                What are you on about? It is because of your self-appointed righteousness that half these problems occur. We've had our fill of interference and manipulation, so why should we get in the way of your games?
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

well let's hope the Chinese can ensure that N.Korea backs down then as any loss of life will be tragic.

Comment

Demerzel, I'm not suggesting the Brits should not send troops to Korea. I am suggesting, rather, that France and Germany and the rest of the EU send troops. It is about time that these countries put soldiers in the line of fire when a warmonger is afoot.

Besides, it would cut down on Kim's insane anti-American rhetoric.
                    Last edited by Ned; February 17, 2003, 20:18.
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

"
                      Finally no its not all the US' fault, North Korea is just as bad - I'm just saying that Bush didn't exactly help the situation did he?"

What do you mean just as bad? I hope you don't mean that we're no better NK, because if you do you are just as insane as Kim Jong Il. All Bush did was labeled NK as part of the axis of evil. You may not like diplomatic insults, but thats not quite the same as threatening to end the armistice and restarting a nuclear program.

"Shi Huangdi,

Just hope China's economy doesn't crash without war. Then they wouldn't have anything to lose. Ah, damn this is scary."

I think because of the economic threat, China won't go to war and will do all in it's power to prevent Korean War II.
                      "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

This is clearly not insane behaviour from the North Koreans.

Comment

no Shi, I'm not saying the USA is an evil dictatorship.

The two leaders are just as bad as each other with the diplomatic rhetoric and the seeming desire for war. Each seemingly refuses to back down and the tension just keeps getting ratched up and up.

Bush "may" have started it with the Axis of Evil remark but Kim ratched it up another notch with his rhetoric and then Bush retaliated with the accusations of wrong doings and so forth.

I agree that N.Korea is the naughty party here but Bush needs to try and pacify the situation by working with China to fix things rather than just threatening N.Korea with either more sanctions or other...

Comment

Did Kim really decide to suicide his country in a big boom or what ?
                            I hope he's a reasonable leader, who just uses hard talk to reinforce his bargaining position, but I can't say I'm sure. The more time passes, the more NK's poistion seems suicidal.
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Demerzel,

What you are saying is so stupid and so insulting at the same time? Quit trolling and thread jacking.

Comment

The whole problem is that we don't have a stonger force over there right now. That's why he's pulling this crap. Do you think it's just coincidence that he is doing all this while our military is in the Middle East?

Comment

Working...
                                X