Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me out: How much does a bottle of Heinekin cost where you live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me out: How much does a bottle of Heinekin cost where you live?

We have to do a project on retail price comparisons over the euro-zone, and I haven´t been able to find any information about this online. We need to know how much a 0.33 liter bottle of Heineken beer costs in "a leading retail chain where it is available" in the following countries:

France
    Italy
    Spain
    Finland
    Austria
    Germany

If you live in one of these countries or have traveled there recently, and you know how much this beer costs in a retail store, could you post it here? It doesn´t have to be precise; any information will be useful. Thanks in advance.

on Heiny

I know good beer of Samual Adams I can get for $9.99 (for 12 bottles) at the supermarket or drug store when it is on sale.

Comment

This won't help since I'm in Canada, but here it's 1.30-1.50 Canadian a bottle in a sixpack

(8-9$ a sixpack)

That's in canbucks; in Euros it's 0.80-0.92 per bottle

"Normal" (local) beer is a bit less expensive (call it 0.70 euros a bottle).
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

In my experience, the price will vary heavily depending in the locality and taste. It should be cheaper than the U.S.; Heinekin runs 17 a case in here and is more expensive back home...
        If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

I should mention that in a two-four (24 bottles, or what the Americans call a case) it's about 10% discounted per bottle.
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

also you should ask how much it costs in St. Martin. That was a dutch virgin island in the carribean. When our ship did a port call there Henekin was everywhere and fairly cheap. Henekin and Rum were the cheap stuff ther. I think I remember buying it at $1 or $1.50 a bottle over there. That is a per bottle price, and that is a good price. I can also give you the prices of the prostitues over there too if anyone's interested

Comment

In Finland:

One bottle (0,33 l) of Heineken (5% vol. alc.) costs 1,96 € in ALKO (the finnish alcohol retail chain).

And it's never on sale, and it's not sold anywhere else than these shops.

You know, there's a law in finland, that disallows the selling of alcohol stronger than 4% in food markets - or anywhere else than ALKO-stores...
              I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Holy **** that's expensive.
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Frogger -
                  No wonder people here say, that some people spend all their money in alcohol. You don't have to buy much, and still get rid of all your money.

Having a party here costs a fortune

Comment

Richard probably has the Dutch prices already, but for those interested, this is what Heineken costs in its home country:

Heineken 0.5l bottle (in 18-bottle case): €0.68 per bottle
                    Heineken Longneck 0.33l bottle (in 4-bottle case): €0.92 per bottle

Prices are from a large liquor store chain called "Gall & Gall"

Comment

IIRC something around 1 € in Austria. I just fear it's been kicked out of the store where I usually shop, so I can't check.
                      “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

4.62 Euros the 6 in France. Its darn piss anyway.
                        "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
                        "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

We have several dozen brands of beer in our store here (Bavaria, Germany), but Heineken is not among them. Probably because nobody would buy it. I will look and see it in another store, may be in Bamberg, where (still) are US forces stationed.

Comment

a 0.33 costs around a euro here, a bit less, I think, though we obviously don't use euros, It's standard exchange rate.

And aaglo: I thought about it a lot, and I came to the conclusion that it is good that finns have expensive booze. My grandmother told me stories that when she lived in Leningrad/St.Petersburg, she saw hammered Finns there all the time, taken back home in Soviet ambulances. She told me that you're perhaps the most alcoholist nation, and that's coming from a Soviet citizen!
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Azazel - humans are that way built. The thing they can't have (or is regulated) exites people the most.

And you should believe your grandmother. There is truth in her words

Comment

Working...
                              X