if you were to die in a month...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you were to die in a month...

i was watching a short segment on a childrens hospice on the morning news today and i started contimplating my own mortality. if a situation arose where i had a terminal disease that would take my life in 3 months or so, what would i do and think and would i be satisfied with my life up to this point.

well despair filled my heart as i realized i havent achieved anything ive really wanted in life after 19 years of being here, and how that doesnt really bode well for the next (god willing) 70-80 years.

so if you were to die tomorrow would you feel good about the life you have lived, feel like you made a positive impact on the world? or would you be like me and feel kind of like dead weight on this planet.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

have sex. drink. jump off a tall building.

Comment

its been a good run

i don't expect to wake up tomorrow morning, or any morning for that matter... theres no other way to live, because otherwise you are just a "dead weight"
      I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

Hi,
        I'm afraid new here today....but if I were to find out that I were going to die in a few months time?,I wouldn't spend a moment regretting what I hadn't done in my life,I would just go out there and do it!!...I would live my life like there is no tomorrow and do the things that I've always dreampt of doing....
        Eddie

Comment

I would go see a lot of natural and man-made wonders. So far, I've really only seen the Grand Canyon. I would definitely like to travel around the world. Then I'd go to some of the important religious places in the Mid East and piss on them. Fighting over that land has caused way too much death.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

probably be much more likely to ask a girl out
            "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
            You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Yeah, that'd be a great pickup line. "I have a terminal disease, and I don't want to die a virgin!" Next night, new bar, "I have a terminal disease, and I don't want to die a virgin!" Etc. Until you actuall kick the bucket, at which point you should probably stop trying to pick up women.
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I guess it depends on which terminal disease you're actually going to die of eh? hahaha

"I have a terminal disease, and I don't want to die a virgin!" Etc. Until you actuall kick the bucket, at which point you should probably stop trying to pick up women.
                Eddie

Comment

If I were to die in a month, I'd be sad, since I finally have found an apartment, and I'm going to move out from my parents house, in one and a half month
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by EDWINADOLLY
                    I guess it depends on which terminal disease you're actually going to die of eh? hahaha
                    Hmm, good point. "I have syphilis, and I don't want to die a virgin" doesn't work very well.

Comment

Going postal, doing nasty, vile, and unspeakable things, like wolf down a whole galloon of ice cream in one seating.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

My head hurts just thinking of it...

Comment

Since I already did the sex and drinking thing and it wasn't all it cracked up to be I would spend my time furiously playing civ 3 trying to beat deity level.

No really, I would probably spend the time with my wife and family and not go to work. Oh and I'd tell my boss to take a flying F'ing leap and make some vulgar hand motions to him.

Edit: On second thought I would probably do the things above to the boss then come back and beat the crap out of him just before I knew my death date was coming so I wouldn't end up in jail for the last little while of my life.
                          Last edited by SirTweek; February 16, 2003, 13:45.

Comment

Ah, yes, going out with a bang. Much better than whimper out.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by SirTweek
                              Oh and I'd tell my boss to take a flying F'ing leap and make some vulgar hand motions to him.
                              And just after goind this, you get a call from your doctor telling you, he made a mistake, that it wasn't you who were going to die soon, but some other patient...
                              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                              X