No announcement yet.

Opinions About Dial-Up ISP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a cable modem and then moved to England where I'm on BT dailup. But soon, so soon, Tiscali Broadband will come and save me from this 56kps hell!
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I have cable... Dialup sux0rz my nutz0rz
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava. He can't get cable. He knows cable rocks.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I know, I just had to rub it in
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It sucks. how about that for an opinion?

no DSLs or ADSLs? That's a shame. what is the problem. It's not like they're that much more expensive. I may even save me some money when I switch to ADSL in the upcoming months ( though it won't be REALLY broadband. more like medium band. )
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

I went to cable Internet after my *local* dial-up provider started to expand too much and let their existing service go to hell. Yeah, bigger is always better. Bullsh*t. I've had great service since switching to a regional cable Internet provider, the same kind of service I *used* to get from the local dial-up provider. But they're too busy expanding, getting bigger, to really focus much on their customers anymore.

Gatekeeper
                "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Working...
                X