No announcement yet.

Rumsfeld Praises Austria in Senate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any diplomat in the whole arena who is not an hypocrite ?

edit : However, it is a bit different too, re French actions in Africa. These are not a war, but an intervention with the (reluctant) agreement of the authorities. Hence, France officially doesn't trample the Ivorian (sp?) sovereignity.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Well said, Spiff, and again, let me make clear that I'm not saying they're anywhere close to the same scale....just that....I dunno. Strikes me as a very....unusual position for France to take. It's like saying "well, I'm gonna go over here and muck around in the Ivory Coast, and worry about UN approval later on, but you, Mister USA....you have to get your UN ducks in a row first!"

Just....making sure I'm understanding the situation correctly....

-=Vel=-
      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

• Ahhh...and no worries there, Spiff....our "adventure" in Iraq won't be a war either....no declaration from congress....we'll just call it an intervention too....

-=Vel=-
        (which would not be entirely innacurate, since we created Saddam in the first place)
        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

• There will be no war in Iraq, but only an intervention ? This is great ! I'll email my anti-war friends immediately to tell them the protests have worked !
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

• Rock on! At the end of the day, it's all about semantics....

-=Vel=-

Comment

• I think we've just understood what diplomacy is all about

(Wait it isn't funny, it is true )

Comment

• There may be hope for the grand alliance yet!

Shhhh! Don't tell anybody tho....an American and a Frenchman in agreement! That could give the world a moment's pause....

-=Vel=-

Comment

• Erm, let's stop this hugging now
                  I'm against the "war", "intervention", "flowers-gathering" or whatever you call it in Iraq !

Comment

• Fair enough, and I DO respect your views on it.

But I gotta say that if this punk-dog mother f**ker keeps foot-dragging, he's going to turn us against each other to the point where it would be political suicide for ANY western nation to agree to enforce the resolution when it comes to troops.

IMO, he's playing for time, hoping for that very result. So far, it's working. Which means that even though he defied another UN resolution, we'll let him get away with it. Worse, we stand to lose the best shot we've had in a decade to finally be rid of the little $hit....and worse still, the Iraqi people will have to go on living under his not-very-enlightened rule.

I'd rather not see it go to war either, but Saddam will not comply with the UN resolution. He hasn't so far (12 years and counting), and he's toying with us now to buy time and turn public sentiment to his favor.

THAT's what chaffes my a$$. The fact that he's playing us (against each other) and it's working

-=Vel=-

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin

*whispers in Demerzel's ear* "It was a joke."
                      heh and my two responses weren't absurb enough to not require the obligatory ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Velociryx
                        Total aside, but....

The Brits Falkan Islands affair...UN sanctioned, or no?

I'm sure there are others, and I'm not asking to troll....just genuinely curious.

-=Vel=-
                        The Falklands is a UK dependency. If Puertp Rico is attacked then the US could respond without a peep from the UN.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• I wouldn't bet the ranch on that, Big C, but it's unlikely to happen in any case....

-=Vel=-

Comment

• Originally posted by Velociryx
                            Fair enough, and I DO respect your views on it.

But I gotta say that if this punk-dog mother f**ker keeps foot-dragging, he's going to turn us against each other to the point where it would be political suicide for ANY western nation to agree to enforce the resolution when it comes to troops.

IMO, he's playing for time, hoping for that very result. So far, it's working. Which means that even though he defied another UN resolution, we'll let him get away with it. Worse, we stand to lose the best shot we've had in a decade to finally be rid of the little $hit....and worse still, the Iraqi people will have to go on living under his not-very-enlightened rule.

I'd rather not see it go to war either, but Saddam will not comply with the UN resolution. He hasn't so far (12 years and counting), and he's toying with us now to buy time and turn public sentiment to his favor.

THAT's what chaffes my a$$. The fact that he's playing us (against each other) and it's working

-=Vel=-

EXACTLY.

More time for UN weapons inspectors isn't going to do a damn thing.
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Frogger
                              No, the effect it has is to keep big companies out of Cuba and encourage small businessmen to start up shop down there.
                              I rarely agree with you, but this is a *GOOD* observation!

[OOOPS, now you must distance yourself from me, again! ]
                              Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Striker
                                More time for UN weapons inspectors isn't going to do a damn thing.
                                Oh, yes, it does.

It may delay your strike to when the weather is worse, which is a very good thing.
                                Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Working...
                                X