No announcement yet.

Rumsfeld Praises Austria in Senate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thread full of people talking about oil and Iraq, when it's clear they don't have a ****ing clue how the oil industry works.

Whenever something bad happens these days, we can always find a way to link it back to oil. It's incredible, really, a scapegoat for virtually every political cause.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
      Drake is coming close to overtaking Fez. In the other thread he said war protestors support Saddam.
      I would have to agree with him. As a real world consiquence to their actions they are supporting Saddam. Sure, this isn't the intent of most of them but that is what their actions are doing.

People should look at the big picture and not worry so much about the penny that they lose a pound.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
        BTW could you please seporate my quotes from the ones CT made. I don't want people being confused and thinking I said or agree with what he said.
        I second that motion!
        Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
          What happened to Fezzie anyway? Did he get banned pemamently?
          Fez, our dear fellow polytubby, said he got bashed one to many times and that he was taking at least a year of.
          I suspect he does still come around to read threads but maybe he really is gone.

Comment

The money is just one of the reasons. As St Leo pointed out a large share of their population is also against the war so the politicos can pontificate about how bad war is, thus winning public support, and then cut a back room deal to insure those financial interests.
            Plus a little extra from uncle sam.

I suspect that will be the price to let the next resolution through the U.N.. We'll find if I'm wrong or not in about four weeks.
            You're just saying that French politicians are dishonest and will say whatever they think is in their best interest. I suspect that's true of American politicians as well.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I would have to agree with him. As a real world consiquence to their actions they are supporting Saddam. Sure, this isn't the intent of most of them but that is what their actions are doing.

Bingo.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten

Bingo.
                I vouch for some of the people demonstrating against the war that they do *not* support Saddam.

Though, personally, I disagree with them on this.

If you have a fight between two criminal gangs, the best strat is to support the weaker gang.
                Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                  It's all about Eurocom oil.

**** you Europe. Get the hell out of the way.
                  Why the heck do you have a British flag as your avatar when you seem to be just another arrogant and self-opinated American?

Comment

Please. There are many reasons for opposing the war above and beyond any sympathies for Hussein.

We can't keep enough cops and firemen on the streets for the real brunt work of homeland security, states have huge deficits, and no program is safe from cuts.

But, suddenly we have 100s of billions to bomb and rebuild Iraq?
                    "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

People should look at the big picture and not worry so much about the penny that they lose a pound.
                      Of course you agree with him, you're a hawk. Everything in your mind is right. Everyone else is wrong. And all of us "leftists" that are the voice of dissent are just helping Saddam. And God forbid your exhalted leader Dubya could be wrong or driven by other motives. Heavens, it should be illegal to mention such treasonous statements.

Jesus Christ... if you don't like dissenting opinions, move to North Korea.

Protesting Bush and his motives aren't helping Saddam no matter how you rationalize it. If you want to point the finger at people who helped Saddam, why don't you look at Reagan, Bush I, Cheney, and Rumsfeld. Their actions in the past have helped out Saddam exponentially more than anyone protesting war.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

"Anti war protestors support Saddam"

is equivalent to

"Pro-war supporters want to see thousands of innocents slain"

Both total nonsense. Please stop the crap, Drake, you're looking worse every post
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
                          As an aside, Is there any credence to the French assertion that the recent movement of the Charles de Gaulle has nothing to do with the recent "international situation?"
                          Absolutely not. Chirac has been lying from the beginning, as he is used to, and he will join the US as soon as the war starts. In late January, he warned both his diplomats and soldiers (during the traditional New Years' vows) to "expect anything".
                          It is fairly possible the Charles de Gaulle had a training planned at this time of the year, but Eastern Mediterranean is a bit too much luck don't you think ?
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tribune
                            Heh. Good you ask. There may soon be a plebiscite about some sort of boycott against the United States. I support the idea. Stay tuned.
                            Not to be nationalistic or anything but I bet we could tank your economy before you could tank ours. BTW a nationally organized embargo would violate WTO rules.

Comment

Not to be nationalistic or anything but I bet we could tank your economy before you could tank ours. BTW a nationally organized embargo would violate WTO rules.
                              heh violating WTO rules hasn't been a problem for the US recently

Comment

Originally posted by Demerzel
                                Why the heck do you have a British flag as your avatar when you seem to be just another arrogant and self-opinated American?
                                In Ted's defense: As opposed to another arrogant and self-opinated European?

Comment

Working...
                                X