No announcement yet.

A Soldier's Viewpoint on Surviving Nuclear, Chemical and Biological Attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest nuke ever set of was 56 megatons. We are still here. The asteroid that slammed inot the earth 65 million years ago had a force greater than all the nuclear weapons of all world arsenals at the time we had the most nukes, multiplied several times. As far as I know, I live on the planet earth... Even if every nuke in the world was set of at once, all in one spot, the earth would go on: perhaps without us, but would go on.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

AFAIK, the biggest global threats of massive nuke detonations were always the dust clouds, which could result in climate change and massive agricultural failures. Even then it's hard to believe that all civilisation would cease to exist.
      "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
      - Lone Star

Comment

Originally posted by panag

hi ,

if we really wanted to do it we would have done it , ....

if you would read some news ones in a while you would see that we are giving up our land in return for peace , .....

have a nice day
        1) you have not been truly invaded for a while, and Israel won the six days war... repelled the arab invaders... so no need to resort to nuclear weapons as a last resort in that instance.

2) I read the news alot. Israel is giving back palestinian land for peace, not your land. and please do not start reading me which article of the U.N. says you own that land, since U.N. law does not apply to me, as I am not a citizen of the U.N. and reject it's laws and rules.
        Pentagenesis for Civ III
        Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
        Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by NeOmega

1) you have not been truly invaded for a while, and Israel won the six days war... repelled the arab invaders... so no need to resort to nuclear weapons as a last resort in that instance.

2) I read the news alot. Israel is giving back palestinian land for peace, not your land. and please do not start reading me which article of the U.N. says you own that land, since U.N. law does not apply to me, as I am not a citizen of the U.N. and reject it's laws and rules.
          hi ,

its our land , taken in 1948-49 , we just liberated it , ... so its our land , .....

we would only use WMD's in extreme cases and even then , even then , ...... it remains doubtfull , ....

have a nice day
          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by panag

hi ,

its our land , taken in 1948-49 , we just liberated it , ... so its our land , .....
            Are you being sarcastic? Liberated it?
            Pentagenesis for Civ III
            Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
            Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

so what's the deal with this. Is it accurate?

I know the atropine. That was the only thing we were instructed on in the navy. Our chemical/biological training was pathetic.

And what's witht he site? It's a site about a handgun. Although a good one

Comment

Sudden headache, Dimness of vision (someone you're looking at will have pinpointed pupils), runny nose, excessive saliva or drooling, difficulty breathing, tightness in chest, nausea, stomach cramps
                He just described me after an all night gaming session.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

So are you guys sayint that blowing up all the nukes we've blown up has had no effect? What about equal and opposite reactions?
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

There are some who say that we're more suceptable to hot-zone virii due to loe-level rad posioning because of all the open air tests as well as sattelites which have radioacive powersources falling back to Earth. Chernobyl hasn't helped either. If it's true, not much we can do about it.

Yes, lots of people died from Chernobyl. Chernobyl was much bigger than anything any terrorist can get his hands upon. Massive quantities of radioactive material poured out of that reactor. A dirty bomb, at best, would likely have only a few grams of material. No enough to make very many people sick. What it would do, hoever, is shut down an area and require a massive and horrendously expensive cleanup and storage problem.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

chernobyl also had steam pouring out of that reactor which is why so much went airborne and killed so many.

Without steam there wouldn't have been much of a tragedy. Just some dead power plant workers. But the steam was unavoidable in this case do to the reactor design. Even on Naval reactors if you don't keep that water pressurized you are going to be in a lot of trouble.

Dirty bombs will not have steam to get the contaminants up (unless they build a bomb that does that- I hope not). Just the initial explosive force to get the contaminants in the air and hopefully wind currents to carry that afar.

Comment

Working...
                      X