Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just who the hell is the German foreign minister?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just who the hell is the German foreign minister?

A THUG PROTESTS

By MICHAEL KELLY
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 12, 2003 -- "Excuse me. I am not convinced."- German Foreign Minister Joschka Fischer, lecturing Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld in Munich last week, after Rumsfeld's argument for war against Iraq.

MR. Rumsfeld may have convinced the leaders of 18 European nations, but not you, Mr. Fischer. It's personal: The question of failing to convince must be seen in the context of who we have failed to convince. Sometimes "who" explains "why."

Mr. Fischer, who are you?

You are the foreign minister of Germany. You have been that since 1998, when Germany's left-wing Greens Party, of which you are a leader, won enough in the polls to force the Social Democratic Party into the so-called Red-Greens coalition government.

But for the formative years of your political life, you were no man in a blue government suit. You were a man in a black motorcycle helmet. That is what you were wearing that day in April 1973 when you were photographed, to quote the New Left historian Paul Berman, "as a young bully in a street battle in Frankfurt."

The photos showed you, Mr. Fischer, inflicting a "gruesome beating" on a policeman named Rainer Marx: "Fischer and other people on the attack, the white-helmeted cop going into a crouch; Fischer's black-gloved fist raised as if to punch the crouching cop on the back; Fischer's comrades crowding around; the cop huddled on the ground, Fischer and his comrades appearing to kick him."

As Berman reported, Mr. Fischer, you rose in public life as an important figure in the anti-American, anti-liberal, neo-Marxist, revolution-minded German radical left of the generation of 1968. This was the left that produced and supported the Baader-Meinhof Gang (or Red Army Faction), which, as Berman wrote, "refrained from nothing," including "kidnappings, bank holdups, murders."

You were not a terrorist yourself, but you were a good and active friend to terrorists, weren't you, Mr. Fischer?

In 2001, the German government put on trial your old friend Hans-Joachim Klein, who had been an underground "soldier" in the Revolutionary Cells, an ally of the Red Army Faction and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine. The Revolutionary Cells helped in the murder of the Israeli Olympic athletes in Munich in 1972, and Klein himself took part in a 1975 joint assassination operation with Carlos the Jackal in which three were killed.

In 1969, you attended the meeting of the Palestinian Liberation Organization in which the PLO resolved that its ultimate aim was the extinction of Israel - that is to say, the extinction or expulsion of the Jews of Israel. In 1976, Revolutionary Cells terrorists led by your Frankfurt colleague, Wilfried Boese, hijacked an Air France plane to Entebbe. The hijackers intended to murder all the Jewish passengers on that flight, but were killed by Israeli commandos.

So, that's who you are, Mr. Fischer, the man we haven't convinced. You are the man for whom Munich wasn't enough, the man who needed Entebbe to convince him that Jew-murder was wrong. You ask to be excused. You have been excused.
    Full article at New York Post

where´s the problem?

edit: LOL, I just checked from what paper you got the news from:

Last edited by oedo; February 13, 2003, 20:02.
    justice is might

Comment

I see the conservative press, which has no valid arguments, just tries to raise even more hate towards Europeans by flinging mud.
      Edit : scrap that, I've just seen the NYPost was even crappier than I thought. It is perfectly normal for this piece of mud to fling such a material.

I would be ashamed if I was you HolyWarrior, for quoting such a crap as an informative source.
      Last edited by Spiffor; February 13, 2003, 20:04.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

hes trying to say Germans are Terrorists :P
        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Every NYer, at least, knows the Post is the equivalent of London's Sun. What a crap paper.

Funny how they didn't do such an in-depth background check on GW Bush when they were endorsing him for President!
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Uh...guys....

This column also appeared in The Washington Post, which bears no physical or political resemblance to the New York Post. Kelly is editor of TheAtlantic, (IIRC formerly known as Atlantic Monthly), which has a liberal reputation. Note, for example, the articles describing the hazards of illegal abortions, supporting affirmative action, and asking "Can the Liberals Rally" from their current situation.

Now, can we address the substance of the article?
            Old posters never die.
            They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

The German Foreign Minister is Herr Fisher (sp?). That answers the question?
              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
              And notifying the next of kin
              Once again...

Comment

ok, then one for all time: this way too long article contains exactly four true facts:

1) Fischer is the german foreign secretary.
                2) Fischer is a member of the green party - a democratic party btw.
                3) Fischer is and has been no terrorist
                4) Fischer is not convinced

the rest is bull****, propaganda, found out by the british secret service or whatever....
                justice is might

Comment

That's a typical leftist for you, Adam Smith. They attack the source instead of deal with the argument. They can dish it out, but they can't take it.

Comment

They can dish it out, but they can't take it.

And you can?
                    Once again...

Comment

I say the Article comes several years too late and further Web research should wield Fischer's Answers for the interested...

Comment

Fisher, like many German left-winged politicians, has been in touch with the far left in his youth.
                        A part of the far left was terroristic.
                        Therefore, Fisher was and remains a terrorist ! It's as simple as that.

This journalist dresses gross generalization over the fact that Fisher was far left during his youth (about 30 years ago), which was a very common occurence : it was the 70's remember ?
                        Then, the journalist dresses a portrayal of a given part of the German far left (the Red Army Fraction) which was unsignificant in terms of membership, but which was infamous because of its efficiency spreading terror.
                        The journalist then appeals to the emotions of the reader, by equalizing Fischer and terrorists. He uses unprovable assertions (like Hans-Joachim Klein being the friend of Fischer) to achieve this.

You may say "the journalist does explicitely say Fischer wasn't a terrorist himself !", which is true. However, this sentence is unsignificant in the column, which adresses itself to the emotions of the reader, a domain where it is essential to have a blurred, woherent message. The emotional reader will just overlook the disclaimer.

In short : a complete, absolute, and utter piece of ****. You Yanks would be scandlized if such a column was written here on Bush or Rumsfeld, and you would be right.

I'm sad people actually defend this text, as it is pure brainless mud-flinging in order to raise hate toward Europeans.
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

BTW, I do n ot attack the argument, because the argument is completely moot.

Basically, you attack a German politician to have been member of the far left 30 years ago.
                          Do you think we can argue on such a minor thing ?

Comment

Therefore, Fisher was and remains a terrorist ! It's as simple as that.

Well, I'm 48 now, with extreme left-wing ideals thirty years ago. So I guess I'm a terrorist too...
                            Once again...

Comment

Those who are 20 and no Communists have no heart...
                              ;=)

Comment

Working...
                              X