A great time to invade the UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unsuccessfully though.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

It amazes me that any asylum seeker arriving in Dover would want to stay here. Dover is a s**thole.
      Although I suppose anything is better than France - and especially Calais.

/edit: I put the ** into this post myself because the auto-censor didn't catch it. Is it broken?
      Test: **** **** ****
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Well, they're getting more sophisticated: there were reports on the local news here that a couple of asylum seekers were knocking on doors in a village called Kirmington, which happens to be where Humberside International Airport is.
        "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Still counts as an invasion.

Comment

Its to do with strings, its why S****horpe isn't censored after the S.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
              Still counts as an invasion.
              The first post says 'succesful'. I thought your point was saying he was wrong..

Comment

I only realised recently that S****horpe contains ****, adn I've lived near there since I was 2.
                "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

My mistake.

Comment

Incidentally, the last unsuccessful invasion of Britain was in the Napoleonic era. Again it was the French.

Comment

Well at least they've been trying! More than other people have been doing, eh!
                      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                      Drake Tungsten
                      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                      Albert Speer

Comment

Last invasion of Britain - the French were rounded up by the local women

"An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

Is that a picture of Jemima Puddleduck?
                          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                            British have lost any shreds of credibility they ever had with their stance with Iraq...
                            And any claim to be able to think for themselves....

Sad
                            Your country just follows the opinion of its paymasters in Paris and Berlin
                            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

"Last invasion of Britain - the French were rounded up by the local women"

To be fair, there was a smattering of the local militia, but basically...yes. The French troops thought the women in their Welsh costumes (tall hat, red dress, white apron) were actually the army.

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger

Your country just follows the opinion of its paymasters in Paris and Berlin
                                Only shows how much you know.
                                In this logic we should "follow" the US since it "guarantees" peace in our region. And peace is more important than some funds.

Second mistake by your part:
                                Italy and Spain (Spain much more than Greece) also get subsidies from Berlin and Paris yet are pro US.

Third logical errour (you are really british aren't you): UK also finances EU's structural funds.

As already said, the Brits have lost their ability not only to think for themselves but to make any sence at all.
                                They just follow blindly their american master. (out of fear of big bad EU maybe?)

Sad.
                                Last edited by Bereta_Eder; February 14, 2003, 19:25.

Comment

Working...
                                X