The New Anti-Drug Ads - I See Dead People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Anti-Drug Ads - I See Dead People

Is there no limit to the hypocrisy of the Dems and Repubs? Now they show people who use drugs confronted by the ghosts of people who've died because of drug war violence in much the same way homicide rates roughly doubled under alcohol prohibition. Umm...people, those who've died because of drug war violence died because of DRUG WAR violence! It's the people who support the drug war that are responsible for the violence created by their policy! Get a ******* clue! If the drugs were legal, the homicide rates would be much lower like they were after alcohol prohibition was repealed.

"Is there no limit to the hypocrisy of the Dems and Repubs?"

Nope. Thank christ the anti-drugs propaganda isn't that bad in england.
    I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
    Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

These recent anti-pot ads are so ridiculous, young people are just going to laugh them off, just like "Reefer Madness" back in the 60's.
      "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

True, we went to see Reefer Madness at the Fillmore in San Francisco way back in the 70's. The place was filled with pot smoke and that has to be one of the funniest movies ever, albeit a piece of propaganda used to demonize millions of people.

Comment

I saw this ad during the super bowl, was one of the funniest commericals they had.
          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Little
            These recent anti-pot ads are so ridiculous, young people are just going to laugh them off, just like "Reefer Madness" back in the 60's.
            Moreover, any young person with half a brain and a healthy disrespect for authority in the first place would take this as encouragement to smoke pot.

But therein lies the genius of the advert, or any similar. It is not an anti-drugs advert as it's fairly obvious no drug user is going to change their mind after seeing that.
            It is in fact a pro-prohibition advert, serving to reinforce the beliefs of those who don't like drugs in the first place, thus ensuring the continued multi-billion $ support for the War on Drugs.
            I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
            Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

My views on drug usage, including "illicit" drugs, alcohol, and tobacco: Bad.

My views on anti-drug propoganda: Worse.

Can't state it simplier than that. I've plenty of friends who've used various substances - legal or otherwise - but I don't go into holier-than-thou mode. They've all gone through the same education I have: that drugs, alcohol, and tobacco are all dangerous substances and are harmful to the Human body if used more than occassionally. They know the risks and choose to ignore them. What moral right does the government think it has to attack "illicit" users when alcohol or tobacco individually harm and kill more people than all of the "illicit" substances combined? None, which is why I find any and all anti-drug commercials hypocritical, insulting...

...and sad, because people mindlessly fall for their propoganda, totally dismissing the fact that alcohol and tobacco are exactly the same as any other "illicit" substance: a harmful threat to society.

Effing stupid ads. First time I saw the latest barrage of anti-drug commercials since Bush Jr. took office I almost pulled an Elvis on my TV I was so incensed by it.
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I don't have a problem with the ads. I have a problem with the laws. Let the government try and convice us not to use drugs, fine. Just and prohibition and let me make my choice.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The best type of anti-drug ad is not the type meant to "make you think" or feel "shame". Make adds designed to scare people.

Show some suburban teen in the Teenage uniform doing some form of drug, then their life slowly deteriorating (if it is a hard drugn like cocaine, crack, or Heroin), then show the cops come and beat the crap out of them, then show them being made someone's ***** in the prison system, all with stark realism and loads of direct and clear violence. Lots of blood, the sound of broken bones, and then the person crying after their rape.

I think such an add would make more of an impact. You would have to change them regularly, to mainitan the effect and hope the Kiddies don't get desensitized.
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

then show the cops come and beat the crap out of them, then show them being made someone's ***** in the prison system, all with stark realism and loads of direct and clear violence. Lots of blood, the sound of broken bones, and then the person crying after their rape.
                    Kind of makes ya wonder about the supposed moral ground of those pushing the drug war. Believe it or not, one of these anti-drug ads showed cops busting a pot smoker while telling us "see, pot is harmful" referring to the way the pot smoker was being brutalised by the cops. Might as well have shown cops using water hoses and dogs on blacks in the 60's to inform blacks that protesting is harmful.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker

Kind of makes ya wonder about the supposed moral ground of those pushing the drug war. Believe it or not, one of these anti-drug ads showed cops busting a pot smoker while telling us "see, pot is harmful" referring to the way the pot smoker was being brutalised by the cops. Might as well have shown cops using water hoses and dogs on blacks in the 60's to inform blacks that protesting is harmful.
                      I might disagree with you in the other thread. But You ARE CORRECT SIR!
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Actually I've seen an even newer plan by the Justice Department to consider those who threaten the war on Drugs as "Drug Terrorists!"
                        "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

Haven't seen the ads yet, but it sounds like a good concept.

In fact, they should do the same thing with SUV's, showing the ghosts of people who died senselessly in their wimpy sedans because of other peoples gluttony in purchasing vehicles the size of Sherman tanks.
                          "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Dave
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                            X