Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help: I'm going to make my own web site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's good advice Kaak. I'm definately going to register my own domain name and I hadn't even thought about checking for server space on ebay. The has to be a ton of companies trying to lease out their spare server space.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

And if you use pics, try to keep them easy to download(appear). (cough cough ADG )
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I hadn't thought about picture size. That probably would be very important especially for people with dial up access. The problem is my site is most likely going to be graphics heavy since I'm going to be posting examples of propoganda through the ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaak
          oh, and check it on different resolitions...at least from 800x600 to 1280x1024 (cough cough ADG )
          I know, I haven't done that much checking on that... yet, I just started making the website less than a week ago (And haven't had that much time to check it out...)

Originally posted by alva
          And if you use pics, try to keep them easy to download(appear). (cough cough ADG )
          Not sure what you mean?
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaak
            oh, and check it on different resolitions...at least from 800x600 to 1280x1024 (cough cough ADG )
            Looks fine in 800x600 here

Sure, the pictures are large, but that's more or less the point of the site...

Comment

Hey, we're supposed to be talking about my web site not yours.

Comment

At least we didn't go too far off topic a web site is a web site

Comment

ADG, it was the high resolution...the marble BG on the left doesn't go all the way down
                  "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

I know, but it was included with cuteSite builder, and I can't make graphics myself...

I'm using 1280x1024 myself, and I barely notices...

Comment

For pictures, what you can do is link to pctures rather than embed them (or embed thumbnails which link to expanded pics). That way, they can be seen by those who want to, but they don't take up time just for reading the text.
                      I refute it thus!
                      "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

Well... I could, but the site is not much about reading the text, but to see the pictures...

Comment

Working...
                        X