Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project: Are you brilliant enough to fix the UN (our lives depend on it)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my plan to fix the UN:

1) The USA leaves the UN.
    2) We tear down the UN building and kick all the UN freeloaders out of NY.
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Precisely why it must be a US led initiative for change. The USA would do much to bolster world opinion, because it would be seen as making some pretty substantial sacrifices to see the changes pushed through. All we'd need to get us started is a leader who was committed to helping the UN become the organization that it could be.

And LM, I disagree. The reasons I disagree are outlined in my "landscape" thread on this same topic. It is in EVERY nation's best interest to strengthen the UN, because it is in humanity's best interests (and there are some more practical reasons besides that).

A difficult proposition? Indeed, but one that is certainly worthy of the effort required.

-=Vel=-
      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Yeah! The US adopts a policy of expansion by adding states who speak English and who are democratic. In three centuries, the US is the world government.
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
          Yeah! The US adopts a policy of expansion by adding states who speak English and who are democratic. In three centuries, the US is the world government.
          With current US trends, in three centuries you will be speaking Spanish.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Difficult though the problem of being done with the veto power may be, I still maintain that it is a solvable problem, even if the ultimate step must be taken, which would be to dismantle the current organization and re-create it with that power removed. I do not believe, however, that we'd need to do anything so extreme. As it stands now, the UN is a paper tiger, and so giving up veto powers in an organization isn't really giving up all that much, and if it were among the first steps taken, then no one would realize the eventual scope of the UN's powers. By the time they did, their veto power would be long gone....

-=Vel=-
            The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

I also disgree with point 4, Vel, though I agree that the veto power of the permanent members should be removed.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Sticking to my guns on it tho....to do anything less would be to legitimize theives of personal freedom and liberty.

-=Vel=-

Comment

I found the Charter for the UN made in 1945. I'm going to post my thoughts next time I get a chance. Anyway here is the link, hope you find it helpful in the meantime.

and more information can be found at the main site here:

"Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

Working...
                  X