Need Help to write Paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help to write Paper

Yeah, I'm writing a paper about how personal experience is the most trustworthy of all sources
    Trustworthy is defined as 'most accurate and true'

I have two statements and need a third
    Here is what I have

Personal experience is the most trustworthy because a person has the chance to see it, or build it, or learn it all without any other person’s bias. Another reason that personal experience if the most trustworthy of all sources is because to learn anything practical, you need to do it yourself. Finally, it is most trustworthy because ....

Could you guys give me a third?
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Bump. Cmon you guys, there are some smart ones out there.
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Talk about how it is most accurate but since no one can be every where at once we must trust other sources. Also mention how personal experience only matters if you understand what is going on; for instance if you've no knowledge of medicine and your trying to deliver a baby then second hand info is probably more accurate then anything you've personally experienced.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Well

I would say you could trust yourself in a lot of situations as most trustworthy, if you wern't:

#1-cynical

#2-blinded by self ambition

#3-were able to sift through what may not be true representation of facts at hands

#4-prejudice to the point of ignorance

#5-open to as yet undefined possibilities

These are a few points to ponder.

The reason I bring this up is the human eye "See's" something and it suggests the rest to its mind. In a traffic accident or possibly a crime scene, even a sporting event, a person "swears-on-a-stack-of-Bibles" they saw or heard something. Truth comes out that they only "Thought" but in all actuallity did not see what they processed.

Another point, you walk into a room, hear someone say that "I shot him dead, and he deserved it, I am glad", a few days later that man is arrested for a connection to a homicide. You say "Man, I heard him admit it!" But what actually you heard was the end of the sentence, he was actually saying to someone"I was over at Bob's house, he was drunk and running his mouth to me, stating over and over, I shot him dead, and he deserved it, I am glad"

Now, the man stated both sentences, but you only heard part. Tell me, should you trust yourself with everything you hear?

Troll
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

That's your paper? Very short one...
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

To answer your question, "...it is most direct. Only personal exeprience is firsthand experience."
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Relying on personal experience minimizes the number of assumptions you make.
              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
              -Bokonon

Comment

I stopped doing people's homwork years ago.
                Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Doesn't this contradict your second statement

Ramo and UR seem to have some good stuff...

Comment

No this is only the topic sentences of my paper. I have already written the intro, those paragraphs and the conc.

And thanks for your help you guys.

Comment

Ramo you made a good point. I think I may use that. Thanks./

Comment

Working...
                      X