No announcement yet.

Nutrasweet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow -- thanks for the health info, guys.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
      Static23:

The article contained w/i this thread debunks what you said. Besides, if what you said were true, I'd have gone blind and died years ago from using artificial sweetners.

Gatekeeper
      I'll never believe it. Who was CEO of the Searle pharmaceutical company during the time aspartame got approved? Donald Rumsfeld! It's true!
      "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Dissident:

Normal soda is pure sugar for the most part, and it really causes your blood sugar levels to spike, which forces your pancreas to work that much harder producing insulin to handle the surge. In time, it can wear it out to the point where you need oral medications to help your body deal with sugar, or any carbohydrate for that matter. It's also known as Type II diabetes.

As for fruit juice, that's mostly processed sugar as well, with a bit of fruit flavoring added in. The thing you have to look for is the percentage of the juice that's actually from fruit. Most drinks are lucky to have 10 percent fruit juice; the rest is flavored sugar.

Water's good for you, though. No danger there.

Gatekeeper
        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Static23

I'll never believe it. Who was CEO of the Searle pharmaceutical company during the time aspartame got approved? Donald Rumsfeld! It's true!
          Heh. You believe what you want too, then.
          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

Comment

actually the juice I drink is 100% juice. Perhpas fruit juice isn't the right words.

Anyways I don't drink that cheapo crap you find.

And btw Saccharin is the product that supposedly caused cancer. In fact it did cause cancer in rats in very large doses- hence the warning label.

But both of them taste like crap.

Comment

Nutrasweet has some side effects....but I forget what they are....

-=Vel=-
              The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Aspartame has been consumed by hundreds of millions (if not a billion people) for billions of times over many years. Unless you happen to be one of the very unlucky people who react to aspartame their are no effects. Its probably safer than processed sugar. I checked this out in scientific journals a while back on a different thread. The potentially lethal by-products are only present in minute quantities. You would need to drink something like 100 cans of coke a day to have any effect.
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Unpasturized apple juice rocks (unless you get poisoned from it).

Comment

Working...
                  X