Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can YOU Beat the international grandmaster??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can YOU Beat the international grandmaster??

I need a good chess program. One that has a very easy setting up to some setting pertaining to "VERY VERY VERY HARD". I need to be able to cheat (edit board), I need to be able to get hints, I'd prefer it to be in 3D (though 2D is acceptable) but most importantly it needs to be free.

I would also like a few chess programs that either teach you, play with you, or both that cost money. Thanks.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

K-Chess elite... it's 2-D but very good. It's very offensive, and I can't beat it even on the easist level. It's shareware but I'm sure if you search the net you find a way to unlock it.
    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05
      K-Chess elite... it's 2-D but very good. It's very offensive, and I can't beat it even on the easist level. It's shareware but I'm sure if you search the net you find a way to unlock it.
      I'm vvery poor at chess though

Comment

Unless he has a steel plate in his head, yes.

One quick headbutt, and it's lights out Irene....

-=Vel=-
        (oh, but that's not quite what you meant, eh??)
        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

QUOTE:

I'm vvery poor at chess though

Then I suggest dusting off your old gameboy and find Chessmaster for Gamboy, since that's the only one I know that everyone can beat since it really makes stupid moves.

Today's Chess programs are generaly hard, but what sets K-Chess appart is its very aggressive nature. I'm still working on setting my pieces and it's taking pawns and knights left and right. by the 5th move.

BTW, I saw Kasparov on ESPN2 playing against Deep Junior. I agreed with the comminators that he had a great layout of his pieces and he should of been able to win, but like the last time with Deep Blue, he seem to have snapped when Deep Junior moved its pawn so quickly that one time. It really freaked him out and it took him 15 minutes to trade a rook for a knight and a pawn and give him complete control of the center squares. I'm still amazed though that the Deep Junior team gave him a draw.
          I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Tass is out to impress the ladies ?
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Bah, cheater.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                Tass is out to impress the ladies ?
                Of course not!

I'm happy with the lady I already have

Comment

son, if you can't speak, press the handset twice..
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

This site has several free chess programs and utilities.

"We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

More here:

"We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

how about Deep Junior?

urgh.NSFW

Comment

That would be torture!
                          Ok then...
                          signature:lost/does not exist/whatever/other/....

Comment

Working...
                          X