Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the US to go the way of the Roman Empire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tassadar5000

Riiiiiiiiight Paiktis
    wha? really
    I can think of 10 new anti-US threads in a flick of a hat.
    But I already explained why I don't bother now

Comment

"No, but those that do tend to be....dangerous people"

I'd rather say: Those who tend to be... Brainwashed people
      "The meaning of war is not to die for your country, but making your enemies die for their..."

Staff member at RoN Empire

Comment

Re: Is the US to go the way of the Roman Empire?

One can only hope, though I'd like to do without the barbarian invasions. Actually, that's what the war on terrorism is, isn't it.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

No, but those that do tend to be....dangerous people

And Az: Would you rather I bash Isreal? In other words: Ill bash the US all I want.
          Yeah Az, let him bash the US. he needs something to take up all his creative energy. Ya know, is not easy coming up with all that crap
          "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
          - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
          Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Originally posted by The Vagabond
            Kramerman, your essay on the envy psychology is also strong. But I should note that Tassadar outdoes you here.
            touche...
            Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Re: Re: Is the US to go the way of the Roman Empire?

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
              One can only hope, though I'd like to do without the barbarian invasions. Actually, that's what the war on terrorism is, isn't it.
              hmm.. very interesting parellel.

Comment

Originally posted by Kramerman

Yeah Az, let him bash the US. he needs something to take up all his creative energy. Ya know, is not easy coming up with all that crap
                Yeah, but I make it easy on myself and use facts instead. I've seen how difficult it can be to maintain lies (Hey, just look at the Bush Admin. )
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Is the US to go the way of the Roman Empire?

Originally posted by Kramerman
                  hmm.. very interesting parellel.
                  I'm not the only one who thinks that way. The US military is very concerned that modern terrorism is a revolution in warfare. Whichever country is the top dog at the begining of a revolution in warfare has historically been toppled by the end of it.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Well, Che I wouldn't worry to much if/when you attack Iraq.

You will not suffer huge terrorist attacks right aftertwards and for some time.

Your children OTOH... will be up to their necks in terrorist attacks.

Sorry if I sound gloomy and I don't troll now.

That is the opinion of top independent analysts (Americans within them) from the best strategical analetic schools of the world.

It is the same as when Israel "invaded" (or relaliated, call it what you will) the Arabs.

Osama was the kid who was growing up at that time.

And while you can say he just uses the Israeli/palestinian conflict for his one megalomaniac plans, that does not reduce the impact that this had on that generation.

The researchers said that there is always a "retarded phainomenon" (no better words in my english to describe it) in what concerns the terrorist "responce" of "aggressive" actions such as these.

Your children will pay for what you do today.
                    If those researchers were right
                    Last edited by Bereta_Eder; February 7, 2003, 22:01.

Comment

Tassadar, Honestly, why are you anti-American. I thought Russia and the United States had a lot of common interests and were cooperating. I can think of space exploration and the war on terror for two.

Also, if you could tell me, what is the Russian view on NK's acquisition of nuclear weapons in violatin of the NPT?
                      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                        Tassadar, Honestly, why are you anti-American.
                        Because, a lot of things I see America doing is either completly stupid or completly wrong and I feel the need to speak out about it.

I don't really hate Americans themselves (though when I came to this country I was expecting the averege intelligence level to be at least somehwere near Russias and was sorely disappointed) and I also hate the fact that half of Americans blindly trust their government without even giving a thought to corruption.

Also, if you could tell me, what is the Russian view on NK's acquisition of nuclear weapons in violatin of the NPT?
                        I dont live in Russia anymore, though friends in Russia are saying that "everyone they know" supports N. Korea and S. Korea having nukes as to deter any possible future war between the two, though they dont like N. Korea having nukes alone.
                        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

MGO +1

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                            Well, Che I wouldn't worry to much if/when you attack Iraq.

You will not suffer huge terrorist attacks right aftertwards and for some time.

Your children OTOH... will be up to their necks in terrorist attacks.

Sorry if I sound gloomy and I don't troll now.

That is the opinion of top independent analysts (Americans within them) from the best strategical analetic schools of the world.

It is the same as when Israel "invaded" (or relaliated, call it what you will) the Arabs.

Osama was the kid who was growing up at that time.

And while you can say he just uses the Israeli/palestinian conflict for his one megalomaniac plans, that does not reduce the impact that this had on that generation.

The researchers said that there is always a "retared phainomenon" (no better words in my english to describe it) in what concerns the terrorist "responce" of "aggressive" actions such as these.

Your children will pay for what you do today.
                            If those researchers were right
                            paiktis, In a way I agree with you. The problem we have with OBL is that we sent our troops to the Gulf region in '90 and never withdrew. (The reason, of course, is the f*cking UN that would not let us finish with Saddam then.) This seems to be a repeating pattern. Our troops are in Germany, Korea, Bosnia, Kosovo, Afganistan, Kuwait and soon Iraq. One would almost say this is intentional. But I for one think we need to withdraw troops as soon as we can. I think, for example, that we should pull out of Germany, Bosnia and Kosovo. We should also pull out of Iraq as soon as possible too. Turn the post-Saddam government over to the UN.

While I would like to think we are not imperialists, the evidence seems to be mounting to the contrary.
                            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Because, a lot of things I see America doing is either completly stupid or completly wrong and I feel the need to speak out about it.

I don't really hate Americans themselves (though when I came to this country I was expecting the averege intelligence level to be at least somehwere near Russias and was sorely disappointed) and I also hate the fact that half of Americans blindly trust their government without even giving a thought to corruption.

So, is the average Russian better educated or just smarter than the average American?

I know our school systems are bad.

Comment

Ned: Did I just see you bash the great bastion of the age? Containment doesn't work?! What, are you insane?!

Sorry...couldn't resist, and a good analogy.

Yep....one day, we will, no doubt, go the way of the dinosaur.

But not today....

-=Vel=-
                                The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Working...
                                X