Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the US to go the way of the Roman Empire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is the US to go the way of the Roman Empire?

This "High School High" theme seems to be working out perfectly It fits the world in so many ways
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Comparisons between Rome and America are clearly a sign of a decaying society.

Comment

But the empire lasted for 1400 years after it stopped expanding.
        Take away some of it and it's more correct. Like this:

"But the empire lasted for 363 years after it stopped expanding."

That's more like it
        "The meaning of war is not to die for your country, but making your enemies die for their..."

Staff member at RoN Empire

Comment

wow, i really didnt expect this analogy to last this long, nor grow this elaborate.

i lack the energy to address your points... but i will say calling the US narcissitic is a false perception, that indeed been made by too many around the world. The US is definately not as humble as we once were, but narcassism is an overstatement. When americans feel threatened, can you not blame them for having a little pride? Besides, if you wanna talk arrogance, we have a Russian saying the US is screwed up, which is either a statement of extreme hypocrisy, or perhaps Russia fails to see his own faults, being a narcisist itself...

however nice writing
          "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
          - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
          Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Kramerman

wow, i really didnt expect this analogy to last this long, nor grow this elaborate.

i lack the energy to address your points...
            Dont worry. It happens to me a lot

perhaps Russia fails to see his own faults, being a narcisist itself...
            Mother Russia learned the secrets of self-criticism long ago

When americans feel threatened, can you not blame them for having a little pride?
            When pride turns to a sheep-type following of the leader and blind ignorance, yeah we can

Comment

Mother Russia learned the secrets of self-criticism long ago
              America has always known it (with a few brief exceptions, of course, there are alwasy exceptions)...

Dissent is synonymous with a working republican state
              Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

When pride turns to a sheep-type following of the leader and blind ignorance, yeah we can
                If you are suggesting that all Americans agree with Bush...

Comment

I'd lcove to respond tio anything, but my wife is sick again. I will be right back....

Comment

God, Tassadar, stop bashing the US. I think that the country we both share has much more problems.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Kramerman

If you are suggesting that all Americans agree with Bush...
                      No, but those that do tend to be....dangerous people

And Az: Would you rather I bash Isreal? In other words: Ill bash the US all I want.

Comment

God, Tassadar, stop bashing the US. I think that the country we both share has much more problems.

I'm a bit confused. Is Tass Russian or Israeli? Or a RussianIsraeli? (There seem to be all of those In Israel).

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22

I'm a bit confused. Is Tass Russian or Israeli? Or a RussianIsraeli? (There seem to be all of those In Israel).
                          Russian. I'm not Israeli. I have nothing to do with the Jewish religion or Israel.

Comment

What a strong school-analogy writing, Tassadar Perhaps you should consider publishing it in the opinion column of some newspaper (not j/k).

Kramerman, your essay on the envy psychology is also strong. But I should note that Tassadar outdoes you here.
                            Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

Oh Ok.

Well personally I don't bash the US too much anymore.
                              In victory, magnanimity.

No use shooting an already dead horse in the world's consciousness

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                                Well personally I don't bash the US too much.

Riiiiiiiiight Paiktis

What a strong school-analogy writing, Tassadar Perhaps you should consider publishing it in the opinion column of some newspaper (not j/k).
                                Hmm....I'd probably be hunted down by the FBI and slaughtered

But I should note that Tassadar outdoes you here.
                                Oh come now.....Were pretty equal here.

Comment

Working...
                                X