Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You oppose War With Iraq, This Might Be Something To Look Into

Tell me I'm not fair.

Patriots For Peace have organizations throughout the country.

If you really want to try and do something positive about the way you think, you'll probably have more effect if you check it out.
    Of course, I mean in addition to the posting at ACS.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

I commend people for protesting against the immoral actions of our government, but it's not for me. It's much more efficient to not vote these b4stards into office in the first place.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Ok, I understand.
      Whining is what really appeals to you.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

My opposition to war is based on cold-hearted geopolitical concers, not the usual anti-war reasons. I doubt I could take many of those people too seriously.

But good for them.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Man. You guys are just pitiful.

GePap, you think you're the only "thinking" protestor?
          Slam dunking a group of people you know nothing about.
          Pretty bad.

Comment

I don't think I am the only "thinking" protestor but:

1. "Thinking" protestors are few: a simple sample from those that go on TV to argue against the war is sufficient.

2. This type of organization given the current climate the in the country is highly ineffectual

3. The war is already set, which makes trying to argue for peace in the streets mute. Besides the coming occupation of Iraq will be long enough to allow for a new protest movement.

Oh, and Sloww, evryone on Poly "slam dunks" groups they don't know. Otherwise half of 'Poly threads would not exist.

Comment

Not me. I know everything, about everything.

Except what the actual translation of Chili Con Carne was.
              Now, thanks to Boris, I know that, too.
              Making me perfect.

Comment

Saddam and diplomatic relations? WTF?? No war?!?!? How else? What else? Peace talks with another Hitler? Wake up people! Open your eyes, ears, and pay attention. Actually "listen" and "think" this time. It is Saddam that wants war NOT the US! All of this..."Oh no war" Remember it was NOT the US that started this war it was a cowardly attack on our country and our freedom! It is not a choice of the US to go to war, we were forced into war. Once again, we will be forced into war due to an ignorant middle east idiot who wants to kill everyone.
                -PrinceBimz-

Comment

Saddam and diplomatic relations? WTF?? No war?!?!? How else? What else? Peace talks with another Hitler? Wake up people! Open your eyes, ears, and pay attention. Actually "listen" and "think" this time. It is Saddam that wants war NOT the US! All of this..."Oh no war" Remember it was NOT the US that started this war it was a cowardly attack on our country and our freedom! It is not a choice of the US to go to war, we were forced into war. Once again, we will be forced into war due to an ignorant middle east idiot who wants to kill everyone.

OK............

Sloww is trying to get a thread going about this org: maybe it will inject something new into this tired Iraq debate, over which we have a month to go before we get to argue about the asctual operations during the war. Let the thread breath (Of course, if your comments were wholly satire, while enjoyable, the point still applies)

Comment

Wow, I didn't know Iraq launched an attack on America to cause this war. Thrills.

Just to respond to the protests on that website, it is not the job of the inspectors to go out and find these weapons. Iraq is supposed to lay it all out for the inspectors. Iraq is not doing that.

Iraq is not cooperating fully. Iraq has not cooperated fully since the end of the Gulf War. Iraq does not allow U-2 flights. Iraq has UN offices in Iraq bugged. Iraq encourages anti inspector demonstrations when the inspectors go someplace.
                    The two real political parties in America are the Winners and the Losers. The people don't acknowledge this. They claim membership in two imaginary parties, the Republicans and the Democrats, instead." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. My (crappy) LiveJournal

Comment

Classic response to 9-11 anger. Someone hit the hornet's nest for a rock, so we should go sting the first person we find.

Prince: You're making the mistake of thinking there's only two possible courses of action... war or peace talks. I've explained other alternatives in other threads. Go read them and spare us your gut-reaction to 9-11.

And Sloww: whining is a lot better than advocating an unjust war and the murder of innocents.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Ummmm, this isn't a thread about right or wrong, Prince.

I totally think it justified.
                        Because I'm a class act though, I'm trying to give the opposing viewpoint a means of involvement.

Comment

Ge :
                          I don't remember any post from PrinceBimz which isn't "satire". I fear he is serious
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

So will you try to get active service in Iraq Sloww, you know, to do your active part in the policy you advocate? Or maybe go work for a defense contractor?

Comment

Sloww is of the breed of conservative Americans that want to send other people to die to further their agendas.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X