No announcement yet.

Thesis writing, what fun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well..i have to write a screenplay..that's 90-120 pages and then i have to write a 10-20 page paper explaining what i did and why i wrote things the way i did..it's an adaptation of Dante's "INferno"
    so in all...i'm looking at a range of 100 -140...we'll see when i get there and edit and perfect and all that jazz
    "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Re: Thesis writing, what fun!

Originally posted by Boshko
      Pushing page 35 now, maybe I'll finally reach the beginning of the Spanish Civil War which might be a good thing in a 80-120 paper about the Spanish Civil War.

And now back to writting about Moroccans kicking Spanish ass when outnumbered 5:1
      i got both my master's and my phd completely screwed up by microsoft word. footnotes kept disappearing and pages got mispaginated...argh. hope you do not experience such problems...

however, you are past the worst point (page one, blank)

Comment

Originally posted by Boshko
        Bastard!
        See who's talking.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Tee-hee. I did mine on a typewritter!

Psychology of mass fervor; The Spanish Conflict, Revolutionary Russia and the Red Clyde.

Utter guff, I wish I'd done it about 2 years later, and I could have banged on about Diana's funeral.

Also I had to do an experiment, basically "the effect of damage to the caudate putamen on rats" -with reference to possible theories about what that structure did-- unfortunately the answer that question was "they die" in most circumstances. I guess I cut up about 40 rats before giving up!
          Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

however, you are past the worst point (page one, blank)
            Yeah, that point took a loooooooooooooong time to get through.
            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by devilmunchkin
              well..i have to write a screenplay..that's 90-120 pages and then i have to write a 10-20 page paper explaining what i did and why i wrote things the way i did..it's an adaptation of Dante's "INferno"
              so in all...i'm looking at a range of 100 -140...we'll see when i get there and edit and perfect and all that jazz
              It's the Jazz that takes up most of my time.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

99 bottles of beer on the wall,
                99 bottles of beer.
                If one of those bottles should happen to fall
                98 bottles of beer on the wall.

98 bottles of beer on the wall,
                98 bottles of beer.
                If one of those bottles should happen to fall
                97 bottles of beer on the wall.

Okay, that might satisfy the 20th-century and English language requirements. Now you have to find a 17th or 18th century Italian art song, an English Baroque aria, 19th century German lieder, 19th or early 20th Century French art song, an aria from a Bach cantata, arias from 19th century Italian and French opera, and then your encore pieces. All memorized, of course.

Get cracking! (er, not cracking notes, though...)
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

"I guess I cut up about 40 rats before giving up!"
                  HAR HAR HAR! If I wasn't so tired I'd quote it!
                  I'm looking forward to writing my theses a few years from now... I have some ideas, one for history and one for english.
                  "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                  Drake Tungsten
                  "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                  Albert Speer

Comment

I'll start working on my "small thesis" in a week or two. It'll be about the change in the image of the Indian in letters from America to Spain during the colonial history. I got a 100 pages minimum and 100 books/articles to read.
                    "Small thesis"/Diploma Work is required here for a "Mag.Phil" degree, for a Dr.phil, we need a thesis of 200-300 pages and write something really new.
                    What's the exact title of your thesis, boshko?
                    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

I'm in page 55 in mine. It's a diploma thesis and has to be 100 pages as well. Others who have done it have told me numbers from 90 to 140. Have to give it by the end of month.

The subject is "A review of the latest developments in predictive models for the wear of machine elements"

It has tons of formulae in it...

I;ve heard that you have to hand over at least 500 pages for a Ph.D. thesis.

So where are you going to dedicate yours? To your mom and dad?
                      "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                      George Orwell

Comment

[quote[What's the exact title of your thesis, boshko[/quote]
                        Moorish Masks: Moroccan Participation in the Spanish Civil War or something along those lines.
                        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by axi
                          So where are you going to dedicate yours? To your mom and dad?
                          A thesis? I don't think you are allowed to do that.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Of course you're allowed to dedicate! Since you can write whatever you want in it, why couldn't you dedicate?
                            "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                            George Orwell

Comment

I dedicate my thesis to sanity
                              "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                              Drake Tungsten
                              "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                              Albert Speer

Comment

One could easily write much more than 100 pages on something like the Spanish civil war. I wrote a so called "special paper" on the same subject in school and it was around 40 pages. Are you really writing about the entire war?

Comment

Working...
                                X