Originally posted by Azazel
    hope he's not hurt, Cali.
    Thanks, me too.
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Re: My friend is going to Iraq as a human shield

Originally posted by Caligastia
      I think he's really gone off the deep end with these crazy human shield people...
      He is right, at the wrong time.
      It's everybody else who have "gone off the deep end"

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
        I imagine they would stay in civilian areas, but who's to say Saddam's thugs won't force them into their military areas in an attempt to stop the US from attacking?
        Yeah, that's exactly the thing--even a hippie should realize Saddam is a ruthless dictator who would use the Westerners cynically.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Yeah, that's exactly the thing--even a hippie should realize Saddam is a ruthless dictator who would use the Westerners cynically.
          These people don't seem to understand the way the world works. I just hope it doesn't cost my friend his life.
          ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
          ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Wait a minute, hold the phone, time out.

"I mean, I may be opposed to what the U.S. is planning to do there,"

but,

"Yeah, that's exactly the thing--even a hippie should realize Saddam is a ruthless dictator who would use the Westerners cynically."

Well, all righty then.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

These people are not going to make a difference, as isolated idealism is useless in the current situation, sadly....
              DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

Beside the fact that going to Iraq as a human shield indirectly means support for Saddam it's not necissary. The Iraqi regime will probably do their best to gather up a reasonable number of forced human shields. The sad part is that people would make a big deal if they actually bombed one of those that goes there out of their own free will while Iraqi civilian deaths will be not much more than statistics.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  Wait a minute, hold the phone, time out.

"I mean, I may be opposed to what the U.S. is planning to do there,"

but,

"Yeah, that's exactly the thing--even a hippie should realize Saddam is a ruthless dictator who would use the Westerners cynically."

Well, all righty then.
                  How many times do we have to explain it to you that opposition to the current U.S. policy isn't because we think Saddam is a great guy?
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                  X