• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brazil

gah! great movie.
    saw it last night.

one of the best of all times.

I thought you were talking about the country.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Terry Gilliam's done some great stuff. Sadly, he wasn't able to complete his most recent effort, The Man Who Killed Don Quixote. Sounded like it would have been a great flick.
      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Thanks. That'll be running through my head all day...

bmp-bmp-bmp
        bmp-ba-bmp-ba-bmp
        bmp-bmp-bmp
        bmp-ba-bmp-ba-bmp
        "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's
          I thought you were talking about the country.
          gah! great country.
          have seen it since I was born.

(Ok, so it's not exactly like that, but... well, Gilliam's movie is better)
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Brazil

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

is great

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm

gah! great country.
                have seen it since I was born.

(Ok, so it's not exactly like that, but... well, Gilliam's movie is better)
                Lula

Comment

There's a documentary coming out, "Lost In La Mancha" that details exactly why Gilliam's movie failed. Basically, everything that could go wrong did. The equipment got flooded away, half of the financial backing backed out at the very beginning, the man who played Don Quixote got sick and couldn't ride a horse, etc.
                  At least we have the documentary.
                  p.s. Brazil rocks.
                  SAM!
                  "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                  Drake Tungsten
                  "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                  Albert Speer

Comment

yeah I saw that on Ebert and Roper. They were filming and some jets flew over .

I actually could not get into Brazil. I do like those types of movies mind you. Gilliam is an interesting chap. He was born in the U.S. but he moved to England. And has a very English style. I just felt the movie was too British for my tastes. And too weird, even for me .

Comment

I did not understand the movie when i saw it for the first time (except that it was making fun of our current society and technology), but when i started to read some of the internet disscusion about the movie, i thought "wow, this is a deep ****!" Very interesting movie.
                      someone teach me baduk

Comment

I like that variety of nuts. Cashews and pistachios are my favourite, but still...
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                        X