What the Eurotwits would like George W. Bush to say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frogger
    then you're as stupid as most Americans.
    But as can be seen above... most people don't just pick on Bush
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ahhh, and I suppose "Amerithug" was aimed at the pres. too, eh?

-=Vel=-

(and the phrase "as stupid as most Americans")

Oh...but I forgot....the rules are different for non-Americans....
      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger

Oh please. Which forum have you been reading? Searching for "dubya" over the last month unearthed a coupla gems, all either denigrating the man's intelligence and/or claiming that America is evil/dangerous/etc.

This man is about to start a war...
        Is there any viable way to oust President Bush?
        I'm Beginning To Hate Bush ...
        What is your opinion of the US? Note the poll results.
        A liberal and a conservative were sitting in a bar. Then Bill Gates walked in.
        ANALYSIS: Younger Koreans View America as Real Threat
        What's the Difference?
        "Do you have blacks too?"

Mind you, this search only included the term "dubya." I tried not to include any of the threads that claimed that Bush was evil for cutting taxes or drilling for oil in Alaska or whatever -- these are "Bush/Merica is evil for wanting to beat up on Iraq" threads.

A search for "Eurocom" did not produce nearly as many hits.

So excuse me if I call bull****.
        Loin, I expect more of you. Most (but not all) critics of the US are a lot better behaved than to insult the entire population of the US in a non-jocular manner as this thread does to the Euros...
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

But as can be seen above... most people don't just pick on Bush
          I'm hoping you "got" that...
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Velociryx
            So yes! The bent of the message we're hearing is: "Ohhhh, drop the big bad wolf routine, USA! The problem would go away if you'd simply join hands with Saddam and sing a couple verses of Kumbayah with him! And if he gasses his own people....the way to make him STOP IT isn't to scold him...we just misunderstand his intention....the real way to make him stop is to reward the behavior with business contracts."

-=Vel=-
            If that is what you think, then OK, continue to think it.
            "Yes, we think Saddam is philanthropic and GW Bush is Satan".
            Does that sound logic to you? Do you really think we think that way? Do you really think THE WHOLE WORLD think that way?
            Those who think that way, like that author of the article, need to buy a (new) brain.
            The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Quotes from Frogger:

Mindless Amerithugs
              as stupid as most Americans

Pot calling the kettle black?

Nahhh, can't be.

-=Vel=-
              The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Ahhh, and I suppose "Amerithug" was aimed at the pres. too, eh?

-=Vel=-

(and the phrase "as stupid as most Americans")

Oh...but I forgot....the rules are different for non-Americans....
                I'm beginning to despair here.

a) Frogger's an idiot

b) Frogger is engaging is finely-tuned and highly-refined satire...

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Quotes from Frogger:

Mindless Amerithugs
                  as stupid as most Americans

Pot calling the kettle black?

Nahhh, can't be.

-=Vel=-
                  C'mon Vel. In the same damn sentence. You have to suspect that that wasn't coincidence...
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Some people's sarcasm detectors aren't working. How about a few more winking-smilies, Frogger?

Of course, remembering our discussion re: the US Tax Code the other week, I chose A and B.

Comment

It's possible. I don't want to hurt any Americans feelings by accident. Poor things, always being attacked...
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

There was a tax code debate here?
                        “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

Actions speak louder than words, Dry.

If the rest of the world was sooooo enormously worried about the ME in general, and Iraq in particular, then why all the flap when somebody takes a stand against him (Iraq/Saddam)?

The preferred Euro method for dealing with Iraq has been apeasement (you guys really need a new playbook!)

And how well has appeasement worked? 'bout as well as it worked on Hitler, maybe?

Perhaps....just perhaps....it's time to try something new.

Something harsher.

But don't worry....you won't have to get your hands dirty if you don't want to....we'll take care of it, and in the process, further cement world opinion that we're warmongering b@stards (which of course we are)!

But, there'll be one less bully on the block.

-=Vel=-

Comment

Originally posted by HershOstropoler
                            There was a tax code debate here?
                            By way of threadjacking. I don't even remember the original thead, it was so long ago.

Comment

Oh, I got it....but apparently answering in kind isn't so effective....

-=Vel=-

Comment

Originally posted by Demerzel

why is it more ok to be anti-European than anti-American?
                                Because America's words are backed by nuclear weapons of course!

Comment

Working...
                                X